Magic Kingdom is the main park of the four parks that make up Disney World. While there are a host of things to do at this, the flagship of Disney World, we’ve authored a list of the 5 things you absolutely must do at the Magic Kingdom.
6. Splash Away! One of the rides that guests of the Magic Kingdom head to first is Splash Mountain. This iconic Disney ride is a traditional log flume that can be found at Frontierland. Riders get to see characters from the Disney movie, Songs of South like Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Fox and more. The highlight of the ride for many is its exciting 50 foot drop.
5. Space Mountain in Tomorrowland is one of the most popular roller coasters in all of Disney World. This ride takes place entirely indoors, making it very intriguing to first-time guests. For anyone who is afraid of the dark, this ride may prove too intense as the only light riders will see while they are on the roller coaster is the glow in the dark planets and stars. Otherwise, this coaster is a wonderful ride for the thrill-seeker in your party.
4. Take In A Parade The Magic Kingdom is legendary for its family-friendly parades. These parades are generally well attended and they are run several times each day. Parade viewers will get to see Disney characters such as Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Disney Princesses and many more. It is easy to find out the schedule for the parades by either picking up a Disney guide map or simply asking a park employee about the parade schedule.
3. All Aboard! Guests of all ages who enjoy trains will want to make it a point to ride the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad located in Frontierland. Picture a run-away train and you’ve basically got the gist of this attraction. The ride gives guests a thrill when they see how fun and exciting it is. This roller coaster is very family friendly as well.
2. To Infiniti and Beyond! Fans of Disney’s Toy Story movies will want to make sure they check out Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. The ride is shaped like a spaceship armed with laser cannons and takes guests on a journey in which the ultimate goal is to defeat Buzz Lightyear’s enemy, the evil Emperor Zurg.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Fantastic Fantasyland! The little princess in your party will love everything in New Fantasyland! Now newly re-imagined by Disney Imagineers, attractions include Ariel’s Grotto, Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid and more. Your family will also love the “Be Our Guest Restaurant” and “Gaston’s Tavern” for refreshments!
Though these are by no means the only things to do at the Magic Kingdom they are some of the most popular. The more popular rides and attractions are well worth the extra wait time and can be more quickly accessed with the use of FastPasses. The Magic Kingdom has something to offer everyone and is often the backdrop for movies, commercials and TV shows that feature the park. Magic Kingdom’s Main Street will help guide guests through the park and send them in many different directions to experience many rides, sights and activities that are just as fun for adults as they are for children.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper