Customized MagicBands Coming To Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World!
Ever wished upon a star that you could tailor your MagicBand to reflect your personal Disney taste? Well, your wish has come true! Soon you’ll be able to fully customize your band with multiple color choices and graphics. Visit the ‘MagicBand on Demand’ kiosk in Tomorrowland and begin customizing your band by choosing one of 8 available colors including purple! From there, you choose from 40 different Disney graphics. You’ll finish up by including your name and then… viola! – your totally original MagicBand is printed right away!
Custom designed MagicBands will cost $21.95. Adding your name costs an extra $8 (wowsers!) totalling $29.95. You will also be able to create a D-Tech phone case at the same location.
Disney Parks Blog reported on October 22 that the new station would open on Friday, October 23, 2015. That blog entry has since been removed. No word has been released on whether or not the date has been moved back, or if things are still on target. The kiosk is supposed to be located inside the Tomorrowland Power & Light Co., which is next to Space Mountain.
Here Are the “Top 5 Things You Must Know About MagicBands
MagicBands are your keys to the kingdom. This new innovative technology allows you to access almost anything from entering one of the theme parks to purchasing a meal anywhere throughout Walt Disney World®. The following list is my “Top 5 things you must know about MagicBands:
5. MagicBand uses radio frequency (RF) technology that can be recognized at any touch point station. These stations will recognize information stored in your “My Disney Experience” for convenience when making a purchase as well as access into your hotel room to name a few. (There is no GPS located on the band so your safety is ensured.)
4. Check into FastPass+ locations. This eliminates the need to get a paper FastPass ticket because your FastPass information is stored right onto your MagicBand.
3. Disney PhotoPass images can be linked to your MagicBand. Simply allow the photographer to scan your band in various PhotoPass locations and access the images from your account.
2. Charge merchandise and food to your Disney Resort hotel room.
1. Customize your own MagicBand prior to your arrival. Log into your Disney account and pick your favorite color and name you would like associated to your own personal MagicBand.
MagicBands 101 – Parents Magazine
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!