Let’s be honest: a vacation to Walt Disney World is not cheap. Between airfare or gas, park admission, your resort, souvenirs, and food, a vacation for a family of four can easily cost thousands of dollars. Disney does offer a variety of discounts to save you some money, but one of the best discount programs is Tables in Wonderland. This article will answer all of your questions about the program!
5. What is it? – Tables in Wonderland is a “membership” card that you can purchase that will give you 20% off your total bill (yes, alcohol is included)! Not all restaurants accept Tables in Wonderland, but there is a comprehensive list located at www.tablesinwonderland.com. I don’t think I have been to a restaurant yet that has not accepted it – there are restaurants in the parks, at the resorts, and at Downtown Disney that participate in the program.
4. Who can get it? – Not everyone can purchase a Tables in Wonderland membership. Currently, only Florida residents, Annual Passholders, and Disney Vacation Club owners.
3. How much does it cost? – Florida residents can purchase a membership for $125 and annual passholders and DVC owners can purchase a membership for $100. Membership is valid for one year.
2. What are the rules? – Tables in Wonderland provides a 20% discount for up to 10 people at any of the participating restaurants. The owner of the membership must be present and pay for the meal to get the discount (name of the membership card must match the name on the credit card). You can also pay cash. An 18% gratuity is automatically included and calculated in the bill. Opponents of Tables in Wonderland argue that you are only then getting 2% savings. I disagree because commonly people will tip approximately 20% for a meal. There are also some blackout dates that coincide with traditionally busy times of the year and on holidays.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Do I get any special perks? – Yes! Much like being an Annual Passholder, there are several additional perks that you get as a Tables in Wonderland cardholder. If you are a Florida resident, but not a passholder, you do get free resort and theme park parking if you are dining at a Disney resort. Additionally, several times a year, you will be invited to exclusive, member-only events. This year, I was invited to try some of the new food items that were introduced at the Food and Wine Festival before it began!
As an annual passholder, I was able to purchase a membership last June for $100. After visiting Tusker House twice and Liberty Tree Tavern once with a group of 4, the membership has paid for itself after only a month. With costs constantly rising, Tables in Wonderland is an amazing way to be able to save some money and also discover some new restaurants and enjoy some special events at Disney World!
For more information about Tables in Wonderland, consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!