Planning a Walt Disney World vacation can be a lot of work. From booking a resort to purchasing tickets and securing fastpasses, it can be overwhelming and certainly a little stressful. As you begin to plan your trip, consider these 5 best tips to make the planning process, and the vacation part, a smooth ride.
5. Start Planning Early – One of the best tips we can offer you for doing Disney parks is to start planning as early as possible. Though you can’t book fastpasses until 60 days before your trip (if you’re staying on property) you can book your resort, buy your tickets and secure dining reservations, which are available up to 180 days in advance. Doing all of these things early will save you the trouble of having to scramble to find the perfect restaurant or the best deal for a resort later on.
4. Check Park Hours – Park hours tend to be available far enough in advance for you to plan ahead—if you’re a hardcore planner. If you want to choose to play in parks based on their extra magic hours and how late they’re open, checking park hours and planning around them will be highly beneficial for you and help you maximize your time in the parks.
3. Set a Budget – Setting a budget is highly important when planning a Disney vacation. You’re already spending a pretty penny to go—you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg in the parks, too. Make sure you plan a budget and stick to it—include money for food and souvenirs!
2. Pack Accordingly – Many people travel to Walt Disney World from out of state and don’t know how to pack for Florida weather. Yes, it’s hot, but you need to know a little more than that to pack properly! If you plan on visiting during the summer, be prepared to bring a rain jacket or purchase a poncho in the park because summer is rainy season, which means the chance for a shower is likely every day. If you plan on coming in the winter/fall, it’s still mildly warm but gets cooler in the evening, so a light jacket might not be such a bad idea.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Be flexible – This is the best tip we can offer you as you begin your magical vacation. You may have planned every detail down to the minute, but you have to be prepared to switch your plans. Maybe your favorite ride is down or maybe the restaurant you want to eat at is being refurbished. Things can go wrong, but it doesn’t mean it has to ruin your vacation. Sometimes being spontaneous and not following a strict itinerary is the most fun you’ll have on your trip, so be prepared to switch things up and come up with backup plans just in case something doesn’t work out quite the way you had hoped.
A Disney vacation is unlike any other, which is why a lot goes into the planning and execution of one. While it’s wonderful to plan and have a set idea of all of the things you hope to do on your trip, it’s okay if something doesn’t work out the right way or you want to switch up your plans. Having a healthy balance of planned activities and bursts of spontaneity is sure to make your trip to the most magical place on earth the best vacation you’ll ever take.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: