As reported by My News 13
A fistfight broke out at Disney Springs Friday night, no shooting involved, according to Orange County deputies.
It happened at 9:24 p.m. at Bongo’s Cuban Cafe. According to investigators, a fight broke out on the second floor.
The loud noise from the fight cause someone to report shots being fired. Other guests at the restaurant panic and ran from the area, said deputies.
When deputies arrived at the restaurant they determined there had not been a shooting.
The sheriff’s office later tweeted this:.
Rumors of a shot fired at Disney Springs FALSE. Several patrons at 1780 E. Buena Vista drive in fistfight only. Fight over. Order restored.
— OCSO FL News (@OrangeCoSheriff) December 26, 2015
8 Things You Will Love About Disney Springs
Disney Springs is the new and improved Downtown Disney. Once again, Disney has spared no expense in this exciting new expansion. Read below 10 things you will love about Disney Springs.
8. Parking: In the past parking has been a huge headache for trying to get into Downtown Disney. Parking is still free for Disney Springs, but now there is more parking available and garages and lots. The garages use new technology with lighted, digital signs that tell you how many spots are available and where they are located in the garages. There are Disney cast members available at the entrance to all the lots that will help guide you to the closest parking. If you are at Disney Springs during a busy time they have also provided a small tram to help guests who are not able to walk far distances.
7. Pedestrian Walkways: In addition to the new parking lots and garages, Disney has also installed new pedestrian walkways. These walkways are not only full of that Disney charm, but provide safe ways to walk. There are elevators and escalators in the garage and then walkways. The new walkways take guests up over the busy streets straight into Disney Springs. This is a really nice new addition and helps guests avoid trying to cross-busy streets.
6. New Shops: There are over 10 new shops that have come to Disney Springs. The new Disney Marketplace co-op collection is a combination of several stores that sell everything from accessories to kitchen items and more. New stores include; United World of Soccer, Pandora, UGG, Chapel Hats, Super Hero Headquarters and more! Don’t worry, some our favorite shops like The World of Disney, D-Trend, The Candy Cauldron, The Lego Store and others are still there!
5. Restaurants: There are several new restaurants opened and still opening at Disney Springs. One of our favorites is the new Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar. This new lounge is all themed after Indiana Jones’ trusty pilot Jock Lindsey. The décor of the restaurant is all Indiana Jones themed. They offer specialty drinks and small plates. Other new dinning experiences include food trucks, a gelato shop, an expansion of Paradiso 37 and a revamp of the classic Planet Hollywood restaurant.
4. Amphicars: The Boathouse has been a staple of Disney Springs for many years. This waterfront, upscale restaurant is a great place to eat with a great view. This year the view has been enhanced with the introduction of Amphicar rides! The Amphicar is a vintage style car and boat all in one. You launch into the water right near the Boathouse with your own private captain and cruise around Disney Springs.
3. Movie theater: At Disney Springs there is a new and improved AMC movie theater. This 24 theater provides a great experience for seeing movies. This movie theater is called a “Fork and Screen Dine-In”. You can order food, adult beverages and snacks to be delivered to your reserved upgraded seating. There is also a button near your seats for “seat-side” service. The seats of this movie theater are rocker-style stadium seats that provide a comfortable way to see a movie. One of the theaters has been upgraded to an Enhanced Theater Experience; this theater has a floor to ceiling screen, 3-D technology and enhanced audio. Seeing a movie at Disney Springs is a great way to take a break from walking, shopping and just relax!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Live music: Disney Springs has come to life with live music throughout all of the areas. The music starts as early as noon and continues throughout the night. The artists who perform are all incredibly talented. No mater what kind of music genre you prefer you can find it at Disney Springs! They have your traditional acoustic performers, didgeridoo players, big band, Latin, classic rock, pop and more!
1. New Shops: There are over 10 new shops that have come to Disney Springs. The new Disney Marketplace co-op collection is a combination of several stores that sell everything from accessories to kitchen items and more. New stores include; United World of Soccer, Pandora, UGG, Chapel Hats, Super Hero Headquarters and more! Don’t worry, some our favorite shops like The World of Disney, D-Trend, The Candy Cauldron, The Lego Store and others are still there! There is also an expansion of the World of Disney happening that is set to open in 2016.
Disney Springs is a wonderful upgrade and definitely a must see when you are visiting Disney. Make sure you make reservations for dinning and check the Disney parks website if there is a particular music act you would like to see. Enjoy the shopping, people watching and entertainment!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!