As reported by the Orlando Sentinel
In the wake of the alligator attack that killed toddler Lane Graves, Walt Disney World has made more changes to beach areas of the resort. Disney World has placed “No fishing” signs near the Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, the Fort Wilderness campground and Old Key West Resort.
Private fishing is now forbidden in all of areas of the Disney World Resort, unless it is part of a Disney authorized excursion.
This week, netting has been added to the rope fences that were installed after the 2-year-old was snatched by an alligator near Disney’s The Grand Floridian Resort
In addition to the rope and netting fence, all 8 hotel beaches and at the Fort Wilderness campground beach are staffed by employees during the day and are closed at night, except during fireworks viewing.
The Grand Floridian Resort – Disney Luxury At Its’ Finest
The minute you step foot on the grounds of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, you’ll feel as if you’ve gone back in time to the Victorian age of gentility and splendor. Crisp, white woodwork, plush carpets and marble floors, stunning architectural details and lush landscaping distinguishes it as Disney’s most opulent resort. The Grand Floridian is categorized as a deluxe resort, and offers accommodations among six buildings
The Floridian’s main building features a five story lobby, with replica cage elevator and stained glass domes. Relax in the lobby enjoying music from the grand pianist or house orchestra on the second floor balcony every evening.
1. Location – Magic Kingdom
Situated on the shores of the man-made Seven Seas Lagoon near the Magic Kingdom, guests have easy-access to the parks. Magic Kingdom is one monorail stop away or you may choose to take the resort boat. The Floridian offers two pools, a jacuzzi, and a white sand beach. Additionally, marina contains various watercraft rentals, including fishing excursions and a yacht.
Standard and Deluxe rooms offer garden view, lagoon view or theme park views starting at $488 a night. Rooms and suites with club level service in the main or outer buildings start at $607 a night. The resort also offers Deluxe studios and Villas which include Kitchenettes or kitchens, balcony or porches, and washer dryers.
Sunbathe poolside while your kids enjoy the 181 foot long waterslide or the water play area for younger children. For a more serene outdoor spot, lounge around the Courtyard Pool. Treat yourself to some world-class spa treatments at Senses – A Disney Spa. Facials, massages, body wraps and aromatherapy will rejuvenate your body and mind and have you looking your best. There are also several shopping venues including a Disney Store and Basin White – a specialty bath products boutique that has some of the most luxurious bath and skin care products we’ve ever seen. Stop in and try one of their essential oil and salt scrubs for instantly rejuvenated hands!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Victoria & Albert’s – The Grand Floridian’s AAA critically acclaimed restaurant. With a new menu created nightly and an award-winning wine cellar, your dinner will be a memorable experience. Children under 10 not permitted
- Cítricos – American food with a Mediterranean inflection. Serves dinner nightly.
- Narcoossee’s – A waterside seafood restaurant with an open kitchen and views of Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom fireworks show,
- 1900 Park Fare – Buffet dining with Disney characters. Serves breakfast and dinner daily.
- Grand Floridian Café – Traditional American fare, with fresh fruit, seafood, and burgers. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
- Gasparilla Island Grill – A 24-hour snack bar with an adjacent arcade.
- Grand Floridian Lobby Society Orchestra – This genteel orchestra entertains you with ragtime, Dixie, traditional jazz and popular Disney tunes.
- Grand Floridian Lobby Pianist – A pianist plays enchanting melodies on this magnificent grand piano surrounded by breathtaking elegance. (text sourced from Disney.com)