Did you know that Disney World has been around for nearly 50 years? That’s right, the most magical place on earth opened way back in 1971, meaning 2021 will be the resort’s 50th anniversary! Not ones to skip out on a reason to celebrate, Disney has plans to really do this birthday up right. For this reason, many Disney fans are postponing their vacations until 2021 so they can participate in the festivities.
While we love Disney World so much that we’d prefer to go both now and later, we do have to say that if we were required to choose between the two, we’d choose next year. Why? Because these festivities are going to be absolutely fabulous. Here are just a few of the amazing things we know you’re going to love if you visit during this 50th anniversary celebration.
All New Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios has been the most exciting park at Disney World here lately. This park is opening new attractions left and right, and we’re loving it. While most of what this park will be offering during the 2021 celebration has already debuted, there are a few things that are yet to come. Check out this list of everything Hollywood Studios will be offering to celebrate this momentous anniversary.
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run — Smuggler's Run has been open for a few months now. This is a cross between a video game and a simulator ride. Guests can actually affect the ride based on their decisions, which we love.
- Rise of the Resistance — Rise of the Resistance opened just weeks after the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. It is an amazing journey into the world of Star Wars. It features lots of innovative new techniques to really immerse you in another world.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad — Ever wish you could step into a cartoon? The recently opened Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad allows you to do just that.
- Mickey Shorts Theater — Another great way to experience Mickey Mouse, this brand new theater opened at the beginning of March and has been delighting guests with Mickey cartoon shorts ever since.
- Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant — A much needed new table-service place that will be located in Toy Story Land, Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant is set to open sometime this year.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Lineup — Disney World’s newest land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, has a nice little lineup of new dining options that are already open. These include:
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo — A quick-service location with great theming and food.
- Ronto Roasters — A grab-and-go counter with a limited menu.
- Kat Saka’s Kettle — Serves up amazing colorful popcorn.
- Oga’s Cantina — An amazingly themed cantina with fun alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Milk Stand — Try Blue Milk or Green Milk.