Epcot is home to Future World and the World Showcase. While in World Showcase, you can enjoy food and drink from around the world, Future World is home to an amalgamation of rides, attractions, food, and fun you do not want to miss out on. Here is our list of the things you do not want to miss out on when in Epcot’s Future World!
12. Turtle Talk With Crush – Hey Dudes! Join the coolest turtle in the big blue world for a little Q & A in this air conditioned attraction inside The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It’s sure to bring a smile to your face!
11. Journey into Imagination with Figment – this is another ride located in the Imagination Pavilion in Future World. What makes this ride enjoyable is the interactive play area that follows the ride, or, depending on your musical tastes, the song that is sung throughout the ride.
10. Garden Grill – located in the Land Pavilion, this restaurant is a must-do for a multitude of reasons. First, it is a character dining experience featuring Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. It serves your meal family-style and features a selection of vegetables grown on Disney property and includes a delicious, seasonal dessert. The most interesting facet of this restaurant is the fact that it rotates! A complete rotation takes about an hour (about the length of your meal) – be careful when you head to the bathroom – your seat will not be where you left it!
9. Mission: Space – this deep space exploration simulation can be fun for everyone in the family because it features both a green and orange level. The green experience is tamer and should not aggravate those who suffer motion sickness. The orange experience is for the thrill-seeker in the group! If deep space exploration is not on your itinerary, there is always the Advanced Training Lab located at the end of the ride where you can enjoy the fun of space, but while keeping both feet solidly on the ground.
8. Sunshine Seasons – this counter-service restaurant in the Land Pavilion is great stop after you’ve taken a flight on Soarin’. The restaurant offers a wide array of selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The portions are generous and the prices are kind to your wallet.
7. The Coral Reef Restaurant – this restaurant serves delicious seafood and also has a good selection of land-based food, too! Be sure to make an advanced dining reservation before your trip, get there early, and request a seat near the aquarium. It will offer amazing views of the marine life that call Epcot home!
6. Fountain of Nations – located behind Spaceship Earth in the center of Future World. This attraction is often overlooked, but if you have the time, stop and enjoy the choreographed jets of water and music. You can always grab a quick caffeine fix at Fountain View where you will find Starbucks!
5. Soarin’ – take to the sky on Flight 5505 from the Land Pavilion. One of the two most popular rides in Future World, make sure you head here first thing in the morning before the line gets long (it consistently has wait times between 60 and 90 minutes) or make sure you use one of your FastPasses for this ride. Ever wonder why it is Flight 5505? The attraction debuted at Epcot on May 5, 2005!
4. MouseGear – even though it is only a gift shop, anything you could want to remember your Disney vacation can be found here. T-shirts, pajamas, toys, stuffed animals, household items, and much more are in stock! If you are staying on-site, don’t worry about having to carry your bag, one of the benefits of staying at a Disney resort is the delivery they offer of your items to your resort!
3. Test Track – located in Future World East, this ride should be on your must-do list! At Test Track, you get to design your own concept vehicle and then test it against others in a variety of situations. It also holds the distinction of being the fastest ride at Disney! Much like Soarin’, lines can get long quickly, so make sure to ride early or use on of your FastPasses here!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Spaceship Earth – the symbol of Epcot houses a slow-moving tram ride that takes you though the history of communication. The ride rarely has a significant line and can be a great place to escape the rain if you get caught in an unexpected Central Florida rain shower! Be sure to explore the offload area after getting off the ride.
1. IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – the nightly fireworks show is not to be missed! Even though it takes place in World Showcase Lagoon, the fireworks show is visible from Future World and is not a spectacle to be missed! Make sure you try and find a spot to watch the show about 45 minutes before show time!
Future World offers a variety of experiences and attractions for the entire family. Be sure to enjoy everything that it has to offer!