As with all of Disney World, Animal Kingdom is definitely a park for all ages. And while Epcot seems to corner the market for an adults-only park visit, Animal Kingdom has plenty to offer for grown ups too. Here are a few things to do if your party is kid-free…
Grown Ups’ Guide To Animal Kingdom – 10 Things You Must Do
10. Expedition Everest – Make sure to put Animal Kingdom’s biggest thrill ride, Expedition Everest on the top of your must-do list. This one has a height restriction for good reason; it’s no joke! Beware the Yeti at every twist and turn while on this unexpected coaster. Get a Fast Pass if possible—the wait time can get sky high.
9. Thirsty River Bar – Stop by this watering hole in the Asia section for a unique selection of adult beverages. I’d recommend the Khumbu Icefall (a coconut concoction) with some edamame to snack on.
8. Festival of the Lion King – Arguably one of the best shows in all of Disney World, the Festival of the Lion King should not be missed whenever you visit Animal Kingdom. Acrobatics, flame throwing, and aerial arts all combine with lovable characters for a fantastic spectacle. There are no age/height restrictions for this performance. But I have had to take toddlers out before because they were too scared of the Scar portion, so it’s anything but boring.
7. Dinosaur – Check out the terrifying Dinosaur ride, if you dare. This one has been known to make kids cry from fear, even though the littlest ones aren’t allowed to ride. But when T-Rex has you in his sights, it’s OK to scream…just check out your photo afterwards.
6. Rafiki’s Planet Watch – This is a surprising pick for a grown-up list, because it’s definitely not just for adults. However, I think that the all information at this out-of-the-way section sometimes goes over kids’ heads. Take a moment to let the depth of this place sink in—you won’t regret it. Besides, who doesn’t like that Wildlife Express Train?
5. Dawa Bar – The adult beverage station in the Africa section offers so many good options that it’ll be hard choose your favorite! There are a wide variety of specialty wines, beers, and cocktails. My choice on a hot day would be the Sugar Cane Mojito…or maybe the Tikiti Punch…or maybe…hmmm.
4. Tiffins Restaurant – While everybody with kids heads to Tusker House’s character meal, you can try out the selections at the brand new Tiffins restaurant. With everything from lamb to prawns to octopus this place will definitely be a culinary adventure.
3. Warung Outpost – At this Asia quick-stop they’re known for margaritas. You can try either mango, strawberry, or traditional lime. Or mix it up and get a layered version of all three! All margaritas come in a festive souvenir mug.
2. Kali River Rapids – My absolute favorite ride in all of Disney World is Kali River Rapids. This is a family-friendly ride with a very moderate height restriction, but the thrill lies in tempting your own soaking fate. With plenty of mild bumps and drops to keep things interesting, this ride is best done in the heat of the day (for obvious reasons).
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Night (Wild)Life – Stay up past bedtime with the recently added (and soon to be completed) nighttime attractions at Animal Kingdom. See one of the many street shows beginning at dusk, ride Kilimanjaro Safari after dark, and see the new Jungle Book water show on the lagoon. And of course, the highly anticipated Rivers of Life should be available any day now.
Enjoy the Animal Kingdom, you big kids at heart!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: