1. Do your research before you book your vacation - When it comes to planning, a good rule of thumb to keep in mind is that if your kids are on vacation, it means every other kid is on vacation, too. Holidays, spring break, and summer are the most popular times to visit Disney World.
2. Wear comfortable shoes! Dress appropriately! - Forget you ever heard of that old saying, “it’s better to look good than to feel good.” When you’re in Disney World, it is always, always, always better to feel good.
3. Pace yourself - It can be tempting to want to walk quickly as soon as you enter the parks so you can get on your favorite ride as soon as possible.
4. Make dining reservations ahead of time - People visit Walt Disney World for much more than family vacations. In fact, there are many celebratory trips taken in the House of Mouse, from birthdays, engagements, marriages, bachelorette parties and anniversaries.
5. Plan a resort day - The hotels at Walt Disney World Resort are incredible. From their lush landscapes, stellar customer service and picturesque decor, your hotel really becomes a home away from home.
6. Stay on Disney property - Another added bonus about staying on Disney property are the amenities offered. If you’re like me, the last thing you want to do on vacation is drive, search for parking and of course - pay more money than you need to.
7. Just have fun - When you’re tired, hot, hungry and dealing with thousands of people around you at all times, it can be easy to forget about the magic of Disney.