When planning a vacation to Disney World, you generally will make advanced dining reservations at a variety of restaurants based on cuisine, experience, whether it is character dining or offers a buffet. However, there is a lot of delicious food to fill you up that don’t require you to make any reservations and won’t take any time out of your time in Magic Kingdom from riding rides or experiencing attractions. Here is our list of places to stop at during your snack food crawl through the Magic Kingdom!
Main Street, U.S.A.
15. You can’t make it very far into the parks without grabbing some delicious snack food. If you enter through the left-hand passageway, there is one of the many popcorn carts that are abundant in the park (and the rest of the theme parks, too). The smell of the popcorn is intoxicating and is always a good pick that everyone will enjoy. I’ve been known to grab some on the way out of the park as something to munch on back at our hotel.
14. The other great place to go for some amazing snack food in Magic Kingdom is the Main Street Confectionary! This place features homemade candy and treats, but also features prepared snacks that you see sold in other places in the parks. My family always loves grabbing a box of Goofy’s Sour Taffy to snack on as they walk around the park.
13. At the end of Main Street, U.S.A. sits the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. They feature great sundaes to cool you down on a hot day or to enjoy while you watch Wishes at night. If you want something more substantive, head right across the street to Casey’s Corner – they serve ballpark food. One of my favorites is the barbeque slaw dog – a hot dog slathered with pulled pork and barbeque sauce – be sure grab plenty of napkins – it is a MESSY meal!
12. No trip to Adventureland is complete without stopping at Aloha Isle to get some Dole Whip. There is nothing that compares to this delicious pineapple soft-serve on a hot afternoon. You can also get something cool and different flavors of ice cream and slushes over at the Sunshine Tree Terrace located near the Enchanted Tiki Room. There is also a food cart near the Magic Carpets of Aladdin not on the map that features a variety of grab-and-go food. My personal favorite from that cart are the vegetable egg rolls.
11. Adventureland is also home to the Tortuga Tavern. The counter-service restaurant is seasonal, but features some terrific options if you are looking for something quick like a burrito or a taco salad.
10. Frontierland is my favorite place for food in Magic Kingdom. I can quickly find my Mickey pretzel and cheese at one of the snack carts right across from the Frontierland Shooting Arcade. If I am still hungry, I can walk on down to Westward Ho near Splash Mountain and grab a delicious corn dog! Those needing something small, there is another intoxicating popcorn cart located between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
9. You can also grab something quick from Pecos Bill’s and his expansive toppings bar or from Golden Oak Outpost located as you walk towards Adventureland. I’ve never been able to catch Golden Oak open when I’ve been there since it is another seasonal option (and has some very, very limited operating hours).
8. Two great snacks call Liberty Square home – Sleepy Hollow features a variety of sweet treats, but the real treat are the waffle sandwiches they serve. It is a must!! Make sure you get there before 5 PM when they stop serving them! Right in front of the entrance to the Liberty Square Riverboat, you can find the infamous turkey legs. Again, make sure you grab some napkins. You can certainly make a mess eating them! If you are looking for something more healthy, the Liberty Square Market is also a good snacking stop. They feature a variety of fruits, beverages, and other snacks.
7. There are some great snacks in Fantasyland! My favorite is the pot roast macaroni and cheese from the Friar’s Nook. It is delicious macaroni and cheese with shredded pot roast on top. My family always gets an order to share and inevitably end up fighting over the final bites!
6. If you duck inside Pinocchio’s Village Haus, they have a great selection of various flatbreads. If you are in need of a break, make sure you head upstairs – there are some tables outside on the second floor that offer some great views of Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel and the back of Cinderella’s Castle.
5. Located in the back of New Fantasyland, Gaston’s Tavern is worth a stop, too. It features healthy options of vegetables and hummus, but also offers decadent delights – cinnamon rolls and pork shanks! You might want to grab a seat when having the pork shanks, they are pretty hefty!
4. Storybook Treats located in the back of Storybook Circus features a lot of what the Main Street Confectionary has to offer – some amazing baked sweets and plenty of prepared candy for your sweet tooth. It is often overlooked because of its location, but it is a great place to stop!
3. Located on the walkway as you head out of Storybook Circus is another food cart that features popcorn, Mickey pretzels, and churros. I admit until recently I overlooked/did not know about this cart, but now that I know it has all three of my favorites, I have to stop by on each trip to Magic Kingdom!
2. Tomorrowland features Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – yet another location for you to find some delicious ice cream, sundaes, and smoothies! The Lunching Pad is also overlooked, but features specialty hot dogs, Mickey pretzels, and a wide array of refreshing frozen beverages. It is located beneath the Astro Orbiter.
1. Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café features an amazing counter-service menu if you have some more time to spare. They offer a variety of burgers, entrees, and desserts for your snacking pleasure – they also feature some quality entertainment to go along with your meal!
Whether it is something hot or cold, sweet or salty, healthy or not, Magic Kingdom has so many different snacking options for you. What is your favorite place to grab a snack while at Magic Kingdom?
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!