Since the start of the Star Wars dessert party in February, I was super excited to go. I am totally a Star Wars nerd who loves to eat, so it seemed like a win-win for me. After going in the spring and loving it, I knew I had to take my family in June when we went on vacation. Even since then, Disney has made even more improvements to it, so I might just need to go back again. Here are some things to love about the dessert party at Hollywood Studios.
6. Location – The dessert party has been moved to inside the Launch Bay. Which means you have a private section of tables and buffet food roped off for you to enjoy while surrounded by amazing Star Wars memorabilia. Moving it inside also allows the weather to not be a huge factor, and if you miss the Florida humidity, they have some tables right outside.
5. Storm Troopers – If you are looking for a great picture moment, then you won’t be disappointed. The Storm Troopers make appearances throughout the evening and will stop and interact with the crowd. You are also welcome to go and see Kylo Ren or Chewbacca; the wristband they give you will get you back in the private area.
4. Chewie Stein – As a parting gift, everyone in your party will get a plastic Chewbacca stein. These generally go for $11 in the parks, so it’s a nice souvenir to take with you.
3. Food – Now while this is labeled a dessert party, they do have a selection of other hors d’oeurves to nibble on while you wait. I loved the assortment of cookies and cupcakes, all of course with a Star Wars theme. But the most talked about treats were the Freeze Fried Nutella Truffle and the Warm Bread Pudding. The Nutella dessert is scoops of nutella frozen in dry ice, which gives it a crunchy outer layer and then you top it with either chocolate or raspberry sauce. The bread pudding is not to be missed. It is a collection of pretzels, M & M’s, chocolate and butterscotch chips melted and served on a warm bread pudding. You can also add some ice cream to really put you over the edge. The C3PO cheese crackers with hummus or the cheese and veggie skewers are a nice combination if you are looking for something not too sweet. I thought there was a pretty good selection and definitely something for everyone.
2. Drinks – Now this is where I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t realize that cocktails were included in the price. There are 3 to 4 small open bars around the party where you can either order something or try out one of the 4 specialty Star Wars themed cocktails. The menu of cocktails seems to change but when I went I tried the Galactic Punch, Cosmo Citrus Twist, Light Speed Margarita, and Swamp Milk. The drinks aren’t huge, but there also is no limit. So enjoy! They also have Coke products and bottles of water.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Fireworks – Now the real reason you pay for this fun and yummy dessert party is because of the VIP viewing you get for the firework show. The show is not just fireworks, but it also has images and videos projected on the Great Movie Ride, and the viewing area you get reserved for the dessert party are the best you could ask for. You won’t miss anything. This is by far one of the best firework shows on the Disney World properties and having the best seat in the house makes it even better.
We don’t normally spend money on these kind of extra things, but the boys loved it and we felt like we got our money’s worth with all that was included, so if you get the chance, it’s a great way to catch an even better fireworks show.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: