Tusker House Restaurant in Harambe, Africa in Disney’s Animal Kingdom becons with delicious ethnic cuisine inside an architecturally substantial structure with cool ceramic tiles, rough hewn wood and African art and decor. Even the ceiling is bedecked with spears! This African eatery with Indian flavors takes its’ name from Tuscor beer, a wildly popular brew in Africa.
The Tusker House Restaurant – 5 Reasons This Is The Best Food in Animal Kingdom’s Africa
5. Fun fact – the Disney Imagineers tasked with creating the Tusker House and the rest of Africa in Animal Kingdom were required to live in Africa for three years immersing themselves in the countries’ culture so they can bring Africa alive in Animal Kingdom. A testimony to the dedication and authenticity you’ll experience in this neck of the woods in Animal Kingdom.
4. Characters and Entertainment – Lunch at Tuskor House is a roaring good time complete with a jungle march of children following one of the 3 Disney characters around the dining hall shaking African percussion shakers! Donald and Daisy Duck, Goofy and Mickey are regulars at Tusker house all dressed for a safari adventure. While you and your party dine, you’ll be visited by each of these lovable characters who’ll pose for photos, share hugs and autographs.
3. All About The Food – If you enjoy all-you-care-to-eat, flavorful, ethnic dishes like hummus, tabouleh, marinated beef and pork tenderloin, curried and spiced rice dishes, then you’ll truly love Tusker House’s cuisine. As for kid friendly favorites, Tusker House has that covered by offering corndog nuggets, macaroni and cheese, corn and more. Additionally, you can wrap up your meal with a few items from the dessert bar which includes everything from baklava to cookies.
2. Our Take – Altogether, we enjoyed our experience at this African eatery. Our only complaint was regarding the noise level – but that’s to be expected when you eat lunch at 1:30 in the afternoon in a room with hard surfaces amongst tired children fussing at their table. Whew, they just left! Now the dining room has returned to a companionable hum of activity.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Pricing – The Tusker House lunch buffet for adults is around $30 and kids dine for $15. If you have the chance to take in a meal at this African eatery, the food is great, the decor is wild and the company is magical in true Disney style! Reservations are highly recommended.