If you’re a Walt Disney fan (and we assume you are as you’re reading a DisneyFanatic post!), we have some exciting news to share. Disney fans will now have the opportunity to tour Walt Disney’s hometown, Marceline, Missouri in a very special Walt way!
RELATED: Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour to Return to the Magic Kingdom in Early 2022
Walt was quoted saying, “I’m glad I’m a small-town boy, and I’m glad Marceline was my town.” Now, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is inviting D23 Gold Members back to Walt’s boyhood hometown for a one-of-a-kind experience. Not only will you be invited to explore the Walt Disney Hometown Museum, but you’ll also be visiting Walt Disney Elementary School, strolling down Marceline’s own “Main Street, U.S.A.,” and enjoying a special dinner reception outside Walt’s former farmhouse.
RELATED: Walt’s Plane Hasn’t Left Walt Disney World Resort Yet but It Did Get a Bath
It all sounds too good to be true! This D23-exclusive day trip focuses on Walt and his love for Marceline, Missouri which was the inspiration for much of his Disney ideas. As Walt and Roy Disney agreed, “Everything connected with Marceline was a thrill to us.”
Check out the full details of “Walt Disney’s Marceline with D23” provided by D23 below:
RELATED: Walt & Other Famous Actors & Actresses Who Have Voiced Disney Film Characters
Exclusively Available to D23 Gold Members. You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.
“Event check-in will be on Friday, May 13, from 7-9 p.m. at The Elms Hotel & Spa, roughly 30 miles from Kansas City, Missouri, in Excelsior Springs. Motorcoaches to Marceline will leave promptly at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 14, and return that evening to The Elms Hotel & Spa at approximately 10:30 p.m. All Guests must utilize D23’s transportation to and from Marceline. Hotel accommodations at The Elms Hotel & Spa are not included and attendees are not required to stay on property. Details on the room block will be included in the event confirmation once tickets are purchased.”
The event includes several specially crafted gifts to help you enjoy your visit and commemorate this special occasion including:
- Motorcoach transportation for the round-trip journey from Excelsior Springs, Missouri, to Marceline (100 miles each way)
- Continental breakfast snacks for the trip
- Special presentation on Walt’s hometown with Marceline residents
- Catered lunch
- Access to the Walt Disney Hometown Museum
- Ability to explore various parts of Marceline, such as the Marceline Post Office, Walt Disney Elementary School, and other locations on Main Street
- Visit to the property of Walt Disney’s former family farm, featuring live music and a hometown dinner
- A commemorative gift created exclusively for this special occasion
RELATED: New Details Announced on the Restoration of Walt Disney’s Plane Ahead of D23 Exhibition
D23 goes on to note:
- As a reminder for all our guests, if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, please stay home and take care of yourself. These can include, but are not limited to, cough, fever, sore throat, headache, chills, or body aches. You should also refrain from attending if you were recently in close contact with anyone who is COVID positive. Masks will be required indoors at all times, including onboard the motorcoach.
D23 Gold Members may purchase tickets for themselves and up to three (3) Guests.
- All Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend this D23 event.
- All dietary restrictions must be communicated to our Guest Services team by April 30, 2022.
- This event does not include hotel accommodations at The Elms Resort & Spa. Guests will receive exclusive D23-rate information in the confirmation email. In order to receive this rate, all Elms Resort & Spa accommodations must be booked by April 30, 2022.
- During portions of the day, transportation will not be provided, and Guests will be required to walk to and from locations, rain or shine.
- D23 Members attending must bring their photo ID and event tickets or they will not be admitted to the event.
- Ticketed Members and Guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present for their guests to gain entry to the event.
- All D23 events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
Are you planning on experiencing this fascinating piece of Disney history that was the foundation behind the Theme Park genius? The cost for the event is $350 per person (plus $7 processing fee). Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday, February 8, 2022, at 10 a.m. PST/12 p.m. CST/1 p.m. EST via this link. Check out all the details available via D23 here. Happy planning, Disney fans!