One of the best parts of planning a vacation to Walt Disney World is deciding which resort you’re going to stay at on property! If you are able to, staying on property is the perfect way to continue the magic once you leave the park and there are plenty of perks, too! Here are five things you’ll want to know when booking your stay:
5. Lots of activities – Many hotels don’t offer the abundance of activities that a Disney resort does, so take advantage! Each resort features a fun themed pool for you to enjoy, as well as other activities such as movies by the pool and an arcade! Some resorts even have other offerings, such as a campfire sing along and character meet and greets from time to time—if you’re lucky!
4. More than just room service – If you aren’t feeling room service, don’t worry. There are PLENTY of restaurants for you to choose from! Many of the resorts have several differently themed restaurants and quick service eateries to keep you satisfied all day long. You can even enjoy these restaurants if you aren’t staying at the resort!
3. Transportation – Don’t worry about having to drive around your entire trip—Disney has you covered! Staying at a resort grants you access to the bus system, which will take you to any park or resort on property! They come about every 20 minutes or so, so you don’t have to rush through breakfast to catch the bus. And if you want to park hop, you can easily catch a bus at any of the parks as well, making it easy for you to explore as much of Disney property as you can!
2. Magic Bands – MagicBands have, more or less, replaced regular room keys at every Disney resort. Your MagicBand will be used to grant you entry into your room as well as entry into the parks. In addition, you can add a credit card to your account and use your Magic Band to make purchases throughout the park, which is more convenient than having to whip out your wallet every time you want to buy something!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Extra Magic Hours – The very best part about staying on property is getting to take advantage of extra magic hours! For an hour every morning and night, one Disney park is open an hour earlier for resort guests and another Disney parks stays open an hour later for resort guests. This is your chance to ride your favorite attractions without having to wait in super long lines! You can also get those Instagram worthy photos without a crowd in the background. Or, if you have fastpasses for all of your favorites, make a breakfast reservation! Nothing starts your day off better than a magical breakfast with your favorite characters!
Staying at a Disney resort is not only great for convenience, but also for creating more magical moments throughout the duration of your trip. Since there are so many to choose from, you’re sure to find one that will fit your budget but still offer plenty of fun for you and your family. Next time you stay on property, be sure to take advantage of everything they have to offer!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like:
7 Things You Should Never Do at Future World and the World Showcase
5 Places You Should Dine At Disney World And 5 Places You Shouldn’t
20 Secret Facts about Disney Movie Characters