Walt Disney World is constantly undergoing changes in order to bring the most innovative and interactive experiences to guests visiting the parks. The company is always announcing new projects that are bound to delight guests of all ages. There are so many things coming to and leaving the Walt Disney World Resort in the next few years that it can be hard to keep up! Here are five things that are next for Walt Disney World that you should know about:
What’s Next At Walt Disney World – 5 Things You Should Know About
5. Star Wars Land – Star Wars fans, rejoice! Star Wars land will be coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios within the next few years, with ground being broken hopefully within the next six months. New attractions, a new dining location and plenty of theming will truly make you feel like you’re stepping inside one of the Star Wars movies. Until the new land is finished, Star Wars fans can still get their fix in the Star Wars Launch Bay, which has memorabilia, merchandise and character meet and greets.
4. Toy Story Land – Another land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is Toy Story Land, which is going to be my personal favorite! Two new attractions are going to be added, which means Hollywood Studios will have a total of three Toy Story themed rides. This land is also a few years away from being unveiled, but at least guests have the Pixar area to hold them over until then. Illustrations of the proposed land can be seen at the end of the Pixar themed area in Hollywood Studios.
3. Miss Fortune Falls – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will be adding a new water ride to its lineup next year, which means the parks aren’t the only ones getting new attractions. Miss Fortune Falls will be a family friendly raft ride located next to Crush ‘N’ Gusher, which is one of the parks most popular attractions. There is only one other ride in the park that can fit up to four people, so this will be a welcomed addition to the park, especially since the park just closed their shark reef attraction.
2. Pandora: The World of Avatar – The highly anticipated arrival of Avatar to Disney’s Animal Kingdom is getting closer and closer. With two new attractions opening, a simulator based attraction and a boat ride, and a new nighttime show as well, this will bring back some much-needed excitement to a park that has often been called a “half day” park. The addition of nighttime attractions this summer didn’t bring enough guests to the park to continue the nighttime hours, but addition of Avatar will definitely attract guests to the park. The new area of Animal Kingdom is slated to open sometime next year, so we’re only a few months away!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Stitch’s Great Escape Becomes Seasonal– An attraction that has been controversial for some time now, Stitch’s Great Escape has now become a seasonal attraction at Disney’s Magic Kingdom. The attraction will only open again during the busiest weeks of the year- Thanksgiving and Christmas through New Years Day. It has been rumored that the attraction will be closing to make way for something new, and this could be the first step. As someone who was never a big fan of the attraction, I’m excited to see if something else will take its place in the near future.
Walt Disney World can be a little underwhelming when it is going through so many changes. You might feel like you’re not getting enough bang for your buck and that you should skip certain parks because they don’t have as much to offer. I can tell you this—every park at Walt Disney World is worth visiting on your trip. Even while they are being worked on, the parks have plenty to offer you. You can also choose to park hop, making the most out of your day and your time. One thing is for sure: while the parks may be lacking a little now, they will be full of new experiences in the near future, and it will be worth the wait.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: