9. DINOSAUR – Travel through time and go back to the time of dinosaurs on this prehistoric adventure to make it back before your Time Rover encounters the meteor that will hit earth! This jerky and exciting enhanced motion vehicle ride will let you experience different types of dinosaurs and is essential for any fan of these ancient creatures! DINOSAUR is housed at The Dino Institute, located in DinoLand USA, which has many other attractions for dinosaurs lovers that may be young and want something less scary!
8. Expedition Everest – Expedition Everest is the home to the Yeti and is a thrilling roller coaster experience that takes you on twists, turns, and even goes backwards! A common misconception about Animal Kingdom is that there aren’t any rides, but Expedition Everest is one of Disney’s bigger coasters and is one of Florida’s tallest mountains, standing at 199 feet tall with a drop of 80 feet! Expedition Everest has even won a few awards for being such an amazing experience, so you have to experience it for yourself and escape the Yeti!
7. Become a Wilderness Explorer – If you have kids or are just a huge fan of the Pixar movie Up, then becoming a Wilderness Explorer is a must to do at Animal Kingdom! The wilderness must be explored and there are various locations to receive your badges around the park. This is a great way to get kids super excited about being at Animal Kingdom and is a good way to really see everything that Animal Kingdom has to offer.
6. It’s Tough to Be a Bug – This show that features the characters from A Bug’s Life is an immersive experience great for kids and adults alike.
5. Explore the Tree of Life – The Tree of Life is the iconic figure at Animal Kingdom, much like Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom or Spaceship Earth at Epcot. The Tree of Life is extremely detailed with the carvings of all of the animals, and no visit to Disney’s Animal Kingdom is complete without appreciating the beauty that is the Tree of Life. Not to mention all of the amazing photo opportunities you can have with this park icon!
4. Meet Mickey and Minnie – Mickey and Minnie Mouse look absolutely adorable in their safari gear at Animal Kingdom, and in their queue line you can see pictures of their adventures that they’ve taken around the world! These two meet all day for pictures and the line is something you can Fast Pass. What trip to Disney doesn’t include meeting Mickey and Minnie? After all, it was all started by a mouse!
3. Walk the safari trails – The safari trails – Pangani Forest Exploration Trails in Africa and Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia – give guests great close ups of the animals, some not seen on the safari ride, as well as information about the animals they see located within the area of exhibition or from a cast member nearby. These trails are walking trails but they aren’t long and offer amazing views of exotic birds, tigers, gorillas, bats, meerkats, monkeys, and more! Any fan of animals or animal photography will have a wild time on these trails!
2. Kilimanjaro Safari – A classic attraction at Animal Kingdom is the Kilimanjaro Safari, which allows for a close and personal experience with the animals. The safari car takes you through different types of ecosystems that animals like rhinos, hippos, giraffes, elephants, lions, and more. Sometimes, animals will even stop your safari car if they feel like hanging out in the middle of the road! Kilimanjaro Safari provides a safe yet super close-up encounter with the animals that you might not be able to have unless you travelled outside of the United States!
1. Festival of the Lion King – The Festival of the Lion King is one of the most beautiful shows on Walt Disney World property. The show features music and characters from The Lion King with traditional African dance, fire twirlers, acrobatics, and gorgeous, colorful costumes of animals that live with Simba. The Festival of the Lion King is located in the Harambe section of Animal Kingdom and is a show that you absolutely cannot miss.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!