Visiting Walt Disney World between now and Easter? A spring Disney vacation includes loads of fun activities around the resort, from the new spring celebration at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, and more. Around Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Easter is already underway with chocolate Easter egg displays, special sweets, and more. Take a break from the parks during your next visit, and spend some time exploring the beautiful seasonal displays at these Disney resorts.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
One of the most iconic locations at Walt Disney World to take in Easter decorations is Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. In the resort’s lobby, Guests will find an array of gorgeous handpainted chocolate Easter eggs featuring scenes from various Disney movies, favorite characters, and even some classic theme park attractions.
Some of the new egg designs for this year include Cinderella’s coach, and moments from Encanto (2021), Ratatouille (2007), and more, all a quick walk from the resort’s monorail station or watercraft launch.
The resort is also home to the Grand Cottage, which similarly to the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House that is set up in the lobby during Christmas, offers a number of delicious sweets and treats available for purchase all with adorable Easter theming.
The Disney Parks Blog shared a list of items available at the Grand Cottage, which include:
- Offerings including the Carrot Blondie Pop, The Grand Combo, Carrot Coffee Cake, Grand Egg, Artisan Marshmallows, Confetti Cake Popcorn, Mickey Whoopie Pie, Crispy Rice Egg, Baby Chick Cupcake, Spring Garden Dessert, Hot Cross Buns, Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookie, Dark Chocolate Bunny, and Raspberry Minnie Fudge
The Easter display in the Grand Floridian’s lobby will be up through April 18, 2022. And, during your visit, you can also find seasonal sweets and treats at Gasparilla Island Grill, the resort’s quick service location, including Peanut Butter Bunny Cookies, Bunny Blondie Pops, and a Spring Birds Nest Donut.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Also nearby the Magic Kingdom, plan to stop and check out the Easter egg display at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. If you drive yourself, take a bus, or walk over from the park, you’ll need to head up to the fourth floor as these eggs are not located in the lobby on the first floor.
While in the Grand Canyon Concourse, you’ll find the Easter Egg display, with some of this year’s eggs taking inspiration from Mary Blair with an Alice in Wonderland-themed egg, and one designed after “it’s a small world.” (If you do stop by to see the eggs, be sure to look up and check out Mary Blair’s ‘Pueblo Village’ mural that covers the elevator tower in the center of the Grand Canyon Concourse. And, keep an eye out for the five-legged goat!
The Contemporary is also offering Easter cupcakes, macarons and cookie sandwiches from the nearby Contempo Cafe (mobile order now through April 20, 2022), as well as dinner specials at California Grill and brunch at Steakhouse 71 on Easter on April 17.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
While in the EPCOT Resort Area, you can find Easter egg displays at Disney’s Beach Club Resort in the lobby. This display may not be as popular as the ones at the Magic Kingdom area resorts (maybe it’s the lack of monorail!?) but it should be! There are always beautiful eggs on display here, and Disney’s Beach Club is just a short walk or boat ride away from EPCOT’s World Showcase.
In addition to the Easter egg display, there are lots of sweets you can pick up to eat on the go or bring back to your resort at Disney’s Beach Club Resort (and the adjacent Yacht Club Resort.) While at the resorts, head over to The Beach Club Marketplace and The Market at Ale and Compass (via mobile order through April 17, 2022) to try some of the following treats:
- Easter Cupcake: Mickey vanilla cupcake filled with vanilla mousse and decorated like a bouquet of flowers
- Mickey & Minnie Easter Eggs: Chocolate Easter egg decorated to look like Mickey and Minnie with a Happy Easter tag
- Trio of Fudge: Strawberry fudge, orange white chocolate fudge, and a rich dark chocolate fudge (New)
- Easter Chocolate Cookie Lollipop: An Easter chocolate cookie sandwich lollipop (New)
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake: Cookies and cream flavored cheesecake with a dark chocolate cookie crumble base, ganache, cookie crumbles, and modeling chocolate bunny décor (New)
- Robin’s Egg Blueberry Macaroons: Three large robin-colored macaroons filled with a ring of blueberry ganache, and a blueberry jam center on a crispy chocolate nest (New)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies: A pack of three brightly colored lemon-flavored crinkle cookies
And there you have it! Be sure to make some time to check out this year’s Easter egg displays around the Disney resorts during your next visit. Resort hopping and checking out the seasonal festivities is always a great way to spend a day outside the theme parks, so hopefully this post helps you plan!