If you are looking for something new and exciting to do with your family this holiday season, look no further than this DIY Piñata from Disney Family featuring Jack Skellington.
What You’ll Need:
- -PDF from Disney Family
- -Empty cereal boxes
- -Regular scissors or fringe scissors
- -Crepe paper or tissue paper (white and red)
- -Glue stick
- -Black cardstock for Jack’s features
- -Mini pom poms (white)
- -Twine or string
- -Candy & treasures to fill your piñatas
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
How To Make It
1. Disassemble your cereal box and lay flat.
2. Use a small plate or bowl to trace two circles onto the cardboard. Cut out each circle.
3. Cut a 2-3” strip from the full length of the box.
4. Begin to tape the cardboard strip all the way around one circle, creating a drum-like cylinder. Bend one end of the cardboard strip to create a folding door. This is where you’ll fill the piñata with candy.
5. Cut crepe paper into long 1” wide strips. Cut along each strip to create fringe.
6. Start layering your fringed crepe paper with glue, working from the bottom up and leaving the fringes free from glue. Repeat on the other side & sides, and trim around the edges.
7. Fill your piñata with candy & treasures then tape the door shut and add crepe paper to cover as needed.
8. Print out the Jack Skellington template. Cut out Jack’s eyes, nose and mouth and use as a template with black cardstock. Attach Jack’s features to your piñata with glue.
9. To create Jack’s hat, measure a piece of red crepe paper across the top of Jack’s face. Trim to create a half circle. Use a small piece of red crepe paper to create the top of Jack’s hat. Attach a white pom pom at the end.
10. To hang your piñata up, loop a piece of twine and tape one end to the top of the piñata.
We hope you enjoy this Jack Skellington Piñata for a little fun this holiday season.
Source: Disney Family