We love Animal Kingdom! It’s an amazing combination of zoo and theme park, and the many unique experiences offered by this park are incredible. From shows and rides to awesome animal encounters, there are dozens of amazing things to do in this park. Of course, touring such an awesome place certainly can make you work up an appetite. Luckily, in addition to tons of awesome things to see and do, Animal Kingdom also has some pretty exciting places to eat. Whether you crave something exotic and interesting or prefer the comfort of familiar yet equally delicious food, there is something for you in this wonderful park. Here’s an overview of all the food options Animal Kingdom has to offer.
As mentioned before, Animal Kingdom definitely keeps you busy. For many, this means non-stop fun, and in these cases, quick food options are a must. When you need something to eat on the run, Disney’s quick-service locations are the perfect solution. Below are the quick-service options found in Animal Kingdom, as well as a brief description of each:
- Creature Comforts— This is Animal Kingdom’s Starbucks location. It’s the best place to go for specialty coffee beverages as well breakfast sandwiches.
- Dino Diner— A quick and easy place to grab a hot dog before hopping in line for any of the DinoLand U.S.A. rides, Dino Diner is a kid favorite.
- Flame Tree Barbecue— In our opinion, this is one of Disney’s best quick-service options. The barbecue is surprisingly good and the prices are just right.
- Harambe Market— A fun place to eat, with different stalls serving different African-inspired foods. This is the place to go for unique quick-service options.
- Mr. Kamal’s— Mr. Kamal’s is the ideal quick-service location for vegetarian visitors. This eatery serves up a few different vegetarian options, and all are delicious.
- Pizzafari— Have a kid who loves pizza? Pizzafari is the place for your family. This restaurant is located in Discovery Island and is easy to access from any of the Animal Kingdom lands.
- Restaurantosaurus— Serving up burgers and chicken nuggets, Restaurantosaurus is a great place to go if you have picky eaters in your party or if you’re just craving something familiar.
- Satu’li Canteen— If you find yourself feeling hungry while in Pandora, Satu’li Canteen is a great place to try. This eatery serves yummy rice bowls and other unique and interesting foods.
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments— This is another awesome place to stop for a super quick meal. This food counter offers simple breakfast choices as well as a few items for lunch and dinner.
- Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes — Here you’ll find a number of Asian-inspired food items such as Korean BBQ and teriyaki beef. It’s a favorite for many families because there is something for everyone here.
While some people like to eat on the go so they don’t miss out, others find the go, go, gotouring style exhausting and prefer to sit and decompress while they enjoy a leisurely meal. Fortunately, Disney is well aware of this, and they provide plenty of awesome table-service eateries, including a few inside Animal Kingdom park. Below are the four amazing table-service eateries in this park, as well as their brief descriptions. Hopefully this list helps you decide which one is best for you.
- Rainforest Cafe— Rainforest Cafe is like a dark ride and dining experience in one. The place is filled with awesome rainforest animal animatronics, which come alive every few minutes as a “rainstorm” passes through.
- Tiffins— This upscale food spot is the place to go if you want some delicious food in a super nice environment. While the food here is nowhere near cheap, it is absolutely amazing, and the whole experience is just perfect for an adult night out.
- Tusker House Restaurant— An open-air eatery, Tusker House is a wonderful place to have a character meal. The food is served buffet-style and consists of both African-inspired dishes and more traditional American foods.
- Yak & Yeti Restaurant— Looking for an awesome place to get Asian food? Yak & Yeti might be just the ticket. The Asian fusion food served here is phenomenal and the bustling atmosphere is the perfect way to bring your energy levels up for more theme park fun after your meal.
3. Carts and Kiosks
When all you need is a little snack or an afternoon pick-me-up, food carts and kiosks are by far the best option. They’re quick, easy to access, and with so many to choose from in each park, you’re sure to find a snack you like. Animal Kingdom is especially heavy on the kiosks, and we love it! Here is a list of all the amazing quick snack stops you’ll find in Disney’s wildest theme park:
- Anadapur Ice Cream (Thai Bus)
- Anandapur Frozen Drink Cart
- Animal Kingdom Entrance Joffrey’s
- Animal Kingdom Ice Cream and Beverage Carts
- Boneyard Beverage Cart
- Caravan Road
- Dino-Bite Snacks
- Dinoland Frozen Treats
- Discovery Island Pretzels
- Drink Wallah
- Eight Spoon Cafe
- Expedition Everest Beverage Cart
- The Feeding Ground
- Finding Nemo Beverage Cart
- Harambe Fruit Market
- Isle of Java
- Kali River Rapids Pretzels
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery
- Oasis Stroller Rental Snacks
- Royal Anandapur Tea Company
- The Smiling Crocodile
- Terra Treats
- Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks
- Warung Outpost Beverages
- Zuri’s Sweet Shop