Tomorrow is Mickey’s birthday and what better way to celebrate than to start the day with a Mickey themed breakfast. Try-out these Mickey Cinnamon Buns from DisneyFamily for a fun, magical start to the day.
This delicious breakfast only takes a few ingredients to make.
- -1 can of cinnamon rolls with icing
- -8 white or semisweet chocolate chips
- -4 strawberries
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place 4 rolls on cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart. Unwind remaining 4 rolls as long dough strips and divide in half. For each Minnie Mouse bun, roll one of the half-strips into a mini-roll and place it at the top of the bun as an ear. Repeat with a second half-strip to make a second ear. Press and firmly pinch cuts ends into top of whole roll.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Drizzle frosting on warm rolls.
4. Press two chocolate chips into the face as eyes, and then slice a strawberry into thin vertical pieces. Place them between the ears with the tips together and the wide ends pointing out, like a bow. Cut a small strip of leftover strawberry and place in the center of the slices to make the knot. Serve warm!
The great thing about these Mickey and Minnie Cinnamon Buns is that not only are they easy to make, but you can add your own toppings to make it extra special. Try different fruits, jams or colored icing to make it a fun start to the day.