Are you trying to figure out how to mix up lunches now that the kids are home more? Consider adding some Disney fun to your typical grilled cheese with this Minnie inspired options. Try different colors to make it fun for your kid.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Minnie Mouse Food Cutter Set
- Shredded mozzarella
- Shredded cheddar
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Pink and purple food coloring
- First, make Minnie’s bow and flower. For the bow, add mozzarella and purple dye to a microwave-safe bowl. Mix until dyed then melt in the microwave. Roll the cheese into a ball, then place on parchment paper and use a spoon to flatten it. Next, cut it out with the bow cutter. Let it set.
2. Cut a piece of cheddar cheese with the flower cutter.
3. Now, make the grilled cheese. Use the Minnie Mouse food cutter to cut two pieces of sourdough bread. Then, butter one side of each slice.
4. Separate the mozzarella into three bowls. Add pink food coloring to one and purple to another. Stir to combine.
5. Set one piece of the bread, butter-side down, on a pan. Lay your cheeses in horizontal rows (plain cheddar, pink mozzarella, plain mozzarella, and purple mozzarella).
6. Place your other piece of bread on top, butter-side up, and cook on low heat. Once partly melted, flip sandwich and completely cook on the other side.
7. Add the bow and flower to Minnie and you’re done!
Mix it up with different colors or even a Mickey! This is a great way to add some magic to the lunch rotation.