It’s always a fun time when you visit Disneyland Resort. Between Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, and the Downtown Disney District, there is so much to see and do. Not only do Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have incredible rides like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, The Haunted Mansion, The IncrediCoaster, Radiator Springs Racers, and Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, but there are so many incredible things to eat, and places to be inspired. There’s a reason it is called The Happiest Place on Earth.
While visiting the Parks for a day of fun is always a great time, Disneyland loves to offer Guests something more. This comes in many forms, including hard-ticketed events. During Halloween time, Guests can attend Oogie Boogie Bash, which has been held at Disney California Adventure Park since 2019. The popular event sells out every year, and every year, it gets more and more amazing.
Disneyland also offers some amazing hard-ticketed events in the Spring. These are Disneyland After Dark events, and every year, they seem to sell out faster than they did the previous year. In the past, Disneyland After Dark events included Sweethearts Nite, Villains Nite, 90s Nite, and Star Wars Nite. 2023 saw the return of Sweethearts Nite and the introduction of Princess Nite.
Sweethearts Nite and Princess Nite both sold out, and now Disney has revealed that there will be two more Disneyland After Dark events — Star Wars Nite and the brand-new Throwback Nite!
First up, we have the brand-new offering, Disneyland After Hours: Throwback Nite! This is a night for all you cool cats to celebrate the best that the 1950s and 1960s had to offer! Here’s more on the new event, courtesy of Disney Parks Blog:
This one is the coolest, daddy-o! Don your favorite flashback fashions and join us for Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite, an after-hours soiree inspired by the debonair days of the ‘50s and ‘60s. Take a trip down memory lane to relive Disney’s classic past with music and entertainment that pay tribute to the first decade of Disneyland park. Mickey Mouse and his friends will sport retro outfits, along with visits from some nostalgic characters, which will make for great photo moments! Here are some additional highlights of what you’ll enjoy:
- Gaze upon “Fantasy in the Sky,” a nighttime spectacular giving a nod to the same-named fireworks display that first illuminated the night in Disneyland park in 1957!
- Do the twist, the mashed potato and bunny hop your way to dance parties around Disneyland park with bands and deejays inspired by the era.
- Snack like it’s 1955 with treats that are inspired by the park’s early days, made once again just for this event!
- Picture yourself in vintage photo backdrops of attractions and posters from yesteryear like Skyway or Autopia, and from timeless Disney films captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers at the party.
- Enjoy after-hours access to iconic Disneyland attractions such as Peter Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise.
- Enjoy pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required.
Next, we have the incredibly popular Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite. Star Wars Nite has been happening for several years, and seems to become more popular each time. Here’s some more info!
- Be wowed watching “Star Wars: Celebrate the Nite” as fireworks illuminate the skies above Disneyland park. This pyrotechnic spectacle is set to the powerful music of Star Wars films.
- Prepare for Captain Phasma and her Stormtroopers during the March of the First Order in Tomorrowland, as they search for a Resistance spy.
- You may encounter travelers across the galaxy like Tusken Raiders and Jawas.
- Get ready to master a lightsaber! Attend the Lightsaber Instructional demonstration, where you will learn to handle a lightsaber through a series of elite moves, sure to bring out your inner Jedi!
- Picture yourself in dynamic photo backdrops featuring some of the galaxy’s favorite heroes and villains, captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers at the party.
- Explore themed snacks such as galactic churros and other out-of-this-world sweets!
- Begin your adventure with pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required.
Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Night will be offered for two nights in April, April 18, and April 20. Guests who want to attend Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite will have four opportunities to do so — May 2, 4, 8, and 11.
Magic Key Holders will have the first chance to purchase tickets to Star Wars Nite and Throwback Nite beginning February 21. They will go on sale no earlier than 9 a.m. Pacific Time. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on February 23, again, no earlier than 9 a.m. PT.