It is that time of year where the snow starts to fall. Let it snow a flurry of paper snowflakes themed with hidden Mickeys this winter with these fun paper snowflakes from Disney Family.
What You’ll Need
- -Snowflake template from Disney Family
- -Lightweight paper (8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ or larger)
- -Thin ribbon, twine, or fishing line
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
How To Make It
- Print template(s) you want to use. (Note: The smaller two work well if you’re using 8 1/2″ squares to make snowflakes, while the others are suited to larger squares.)
2. For each snowflake, fold a paper square in half once, and then in half again—so that it resembles a small card with the fold at the top.
3. Next, fold the paper diagonally so that the upper right corner meets the lower left corner, as shown.
4. Fold the paper in half diagonally once again, this time from left to right, and trim the longer triangular bottom off, as shown.
5. Undo the last fold, and trace a Mickey head along one of the side edges, as shown. Cut along the trace line and remove the cutout.
6. Snip off the upper tip of the paper, and then cut a deep V-shaped notch in the bottom of the paper, as shown.
7. Cut random smaller notches in the paper edges around the Mouse head. Then, unfold the paper to reveal your Mickey snowflake. Feel free to experiment with new designs, perhaps even cutting two or more Mickey heads in one snowflake.
8. Thread a piece of thin ribbon through the top of each snowflake, and knot the ends together to create a loop for hanging.
Have fun making these magic Mickey snowflakes this winter.
Source: Disney Family