As it gets colder out and our energy starts to fade, these earresistible and easy energy bites are just what we need for a mid-day pick-me-up. Disney Family provides a quick and easy recipe.
- -1/2 cup cashews
- -1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus more for topping)
- -2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- -1 1/2 tbsp solid coconut oil
- -1 1/2 tbsp milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- -Cream-filled sandwich cookies
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Place cashews in a blender or food processor until chopped up into small pieces.
- Place the ground up cashews with the rest of your ingredients (except the cookies) into a bowl. Combine them thoroughly with a large wooden or metal spoon.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so it can stiffen a little.
- Take about 3 tablespoons worth of the energy bite mix and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Then roll the energy bite in shredded coconut to coat.
- Add cream-filled sandwich cookies on top for Mickey ears. Enjoy!
A fun and easy way to get some energy thought the day!