These Mickey Mouse inspired meringue pops are a perfect little treat to serve the family this holiday season.
-3 egg whites
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
-Pinch of salt
-Green food coloring
-Pen or marker
-Large piping bag
-Closed star tip
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Using your Mickey template, trace Mickey-shapes onto parchment paper. Place the parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Be sure to flip the parchment paper over so that you aren’t placing the meringue directly onto the pen or marker ink.
3. Pour egg whites into a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat on low until foamy and slowly raise speed. Add cream of tartar and a pinch of salt.
4. With the mixer on high, slowly add the sugar. You want to achieve stiff peaks. With the mixer on low, add 10 drops of green food coloring and mix until combined.
5. Carefully fill your piping bag with the meringue mixture, and pack it to avoid air bubbles.
6. Using the Mickey-shapes as a guide, pipe meringue onto the parchment paper. Insert popsicle sticks at the base and sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
7. Bake for 2 1/2 hours until meringues are crisp and can be easily lifted off the paper.
Serve this up and enjoy this holiday season as you have a little Mickey magic!
Source: Disney Family