Yep, you read that right! We are excited to hear the news that a new series is on its way to Disney+ featuring Scrat from the popular film franchise Ice Age. What makes this new series even sweeter… we get to see BABY Scrat!
The Ice Age franchise got its start with its first film, Ice Age in 2002. The franchise now has a total of five films including Ice Age (2002), Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009), Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012), and Ice Age: Collision Course (2016). A spinoff film called The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild was recently released on Disney+ in January 2022.
And now, Disney+ is getting another Ice Age exclusive… this time with Scrat being the star! Scrat has recently been the center of trademark discussion, leaving Disney to develop and release The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild on Disney+ as the first installment of the Ice Age saga without Scrat.
Coming full circle, Scrat is preparing to take over Disney+ as @Disney took to Twitter to announce, “The nut doesn’t fall far from teh tree. Ice Age: Scrat Tales starts streaming on @DisneyPlus April 13!” Check out the new series poster released below:
RELATED: Disney+ ‘Goosebumps’ Live-Action Series in Development
The new Disney+ series will feature six animated shorts starring everyone’s favorite Ice Age squirrel, Scrat in early fatherhood stages.
One report notes, “This is a series of six all-new animated shorts starring Scrat, the hapless saber-toothed squirrel of the “Ice Age” adventures, who experiences the ups and downs of fatherhood, as he and the adorable, mischievous Baby Scrat, alternately bond with each other and battle for ownership of the highly treasured Acorn.”
What’s on Disney Plus has the title line up of the six shorts including:
- “Nuts About You”: In “Nuts About You,” Scrat meets his son Baby Scrat and experiences the pure joy of being a new parent—until Baby Scrat sees The Acorn for the first time.
- “LoFi Scrat Beats to Sleep/Chill to”: In “LoFi Scrat Beats to Sleep/Chill to,” Scrat pounds out a percussive lullaby to get a crying Baby Scrat to fall asleep.
RELATED: Disney+ ‘Chip n’ Dale Rescue Rangers’ Trailer Is Released
- “X’s and Uh-O’s”: In “X’s and Uh-O’s,” Scrat demonstrates for Baby Scrat how to plant The Acorn, but Scrat is really the one being taught a lesson.
- “Nutty Reflections”: In “Nutty Reflections,” Scrat and Baby Scrat run after The Acorn into a dark cave, which resembles a creepy funhouse hall of mirrors.
- “Teeter Toddler”: In “Teeter Toddler,” thanks to a dodo bird, Scrat and Baby Scrat end up on opposite sides of a log held up by a single branch.
- “Nut The End”: In “Nut The End,” The Acorn goes flying off a cliff. With it seemingly gone forever, can Scrat and Baby Scrat live in harmony?
RELATED: Disney’s ‘Turning Red’ Pulled From Theaters to Go Straight to Disney+
The news series will feature the vocal talents of Chris Wedges as Scrat and Karl Wahlgren as Baby Scrat with producer Anthony Nisi and executive producers Robert L. Baird and Andrew Millstein.
Grab the popcorn and get ready to stream Scrat and Baby Scrat on Disney+ “Ice Age: Scrat Tales” on April 13, 2022.