The Mickey shaped pumpkin waffle sundae from Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom are extremely popular right now, but you can have something similar at home. Try this pumpkin waffle recipe from Disney Family to bring home some of the magic.
Grab These Ingredients to Get Started:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
1 3/4 cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Preheat waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, combine your flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Next, make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add the brown sugar, vegetable oil, light coconut milk, pumpkin purée and eggs. Mix to combine being careful not to over mix.
4. Spray your preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and spread half a cup of batter onto the iron. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Garnish your waffles with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
6. Make extra waffles with the batter and freeze. Reheat for a quick breakfast during your busy week!
A perfect weekend brunch option this fall that allows us all to experience a little Disney magic at our homes.
Source: Disney Family