With the holidays being a busy time of year, we are always looking for quick and easy options when it comes to snacks. This holiday parfaits from Disney Family is the perfect option.
- -Red gelatin dessert
- -Shallow dish
- -Whipping cream
- -2 Mixing bowls
- -Red food coloring
- -Sliced strawberries
- -Dull knife
- -Serving spoons
- -Green sprinkles (optional)
- -Kiwi slices (optional)
- -Green decorating sugar (optional)
- -Candy canes (optional)
- -Holiday-themed ribbon (optional)
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Prepare one or more boxes of red gelatin dessert, whichever flavor your kids prefer. Pour it into a shallow dish and refrigerate it for 30 to 40 minutes until it’s set.
2. Slice fresh strawberries, to layer in the parfaits. Optional: Reserve a pair of the best, most evenly shaped slices for each dessert. They can serve as Minnie’s signature hair bow.
3. Whip heavy cream until it forms soft peaks, adding sugar and vanilla to taste. Separate half of the whipped cream into a second bowl and stir in a drop or two of red food coloring to give it a pleasantly Minnie-ish pink color.
4. Remove the Jello from your refrigerator and use a dull butter knife to cut it into a rough ¼-inch grid. When you scoop the Jello, this will help it come out in moderately uniform shapes.
5. Arrange dessert glasses in a row on your counter. Old-fashioned malt-shop soda glasses or dessert dishes are great, offering more room for your layers than true parfait glasses. They’re also more durable and easier for small party-goers to reach into with their spoons. Start the parfait with a small scoop of Minnie-pink whipped cream in the bottom of the glass, then a layer of red Jello.
6. Spoon in a layer of Minnie-pink whipped cream, then a few slices of strawberry. Add a second layer of Jello, then whipped cream. Continue alternating layers until the glasses are full, finishing with plain whipped cream. Optional: Select two slices of strawberry and stand them up in the whipped cream on top of the parfait, with their tips just touching, to represent Minnie’s iconic bow.
Source: Disney Family