Wrap-up the 2020 year with these Mickey Snowman Cookies from Disney Family. They are a fantastic way to add a little Mickey magic to your day.
- -Batch of sugar cookie dough *
- -Wax paper
- -Rolling pin
- -Round cookie or fondant cutters, one 2-inch and one 3-inch (or smaller sizes)
- -Small pastry brush and water
- -Baking sheet
- -Wire cooling rack
- -White cookie icing (the type that hardens when it sets)
- -Kitchen knife
- -Currants or raisins for snowmen eyes
- -Orange candies for noses
- -Mini chocolate chips for grins
- -Small green candies for buttons
- -Cocoa candy melts
- -Small microwavable container
- -Small chocolate candies for ears
- -Red fruit snack
- -Kitchen scissors
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
*Homemade sugar cookie recipes tend to work best for these cookies. If you choose one of the ready-made refrigerated doughs sold at grocery stores, keep in mind that they tend to spread. You may want to knead in additional flour to stiffen it and then bake a single cookie to see how the dough holds up. If it still loses shape, try kneading in a bit more flour and then chilling the cookies before you bake them.
- Working on a flour-dusted piece of wax paper, roll out the dough 3/8 inch thick. Use the cookie cutters to cut out an equal number of larger and smaller circles.
2. Assemble each snowman cookie by using the smaller cutter to cut a curved notch in the top of a larger circle, as shown. Then moisten the cut edge with a bit of water. Fit the smaller circle into the notch and gently press the dough together at the seam to help it stick together.
3. Use a spatula to transfer the assembled snowmen to a baking sheet and bake the cookies according to the recipe directions. Allow the baked cookies to cool briefly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Working with one cookie at a time, spread white cookie icing on each and gently press currant eyes, a candy nose, a chocolate chip grin, and candy buttons in place before the frosting sets. Set the cookies aside for a few hours to let the icing harden.
5. Melt a handful of cocoa candy melts according to the package directions. Again working with one cookie at a time, dip the top of each snowman’s head into the melted candy and then set it on a sheet of wax paper. For each ear, place two chocolate candies back-to-back and gently press them into the melted candy at the top of the head, as shown. As the candy melts re-harden, the mint ears will stick in place.
6. Finally, cut a long scarf-length strip from the red fruit snack and fringe the ends. Wrap the scarf around the snowman’s neck, crossing one end over the other to hold it in place.
Now you can enjoy these delicious and adorable Mickey Snowman cookies.
Source: Disney Family