If you aren’t used to the Florida heat, it can be seriously brutal! Coupled with the sheer amount of body heat that Walt Disney World can experience, dealing with hot temperatures is unfortunately often part of the entire vacation. Here are ten ways to beat the heat while you’re at the parks:
11. Visit the pools – If you’re staying on property at Walt Disney World, you have access to a majority of the pools at the different resorts. Resort hop to see what all of them have to offer and decide what pool you want to lounge at for the day while taking a break from how hectic the parks can get!
10. Go on lots of rides – More often than not, rides at Walt Disney World are indoors and very cool. Rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship Earth, The Haunted Mansion, People Mover, and more allow for you to be in a dark, cool area for a few minutes at a time. Be sure to find the rides that are dark and indoors so you can take a break from the sun!
9. Indoor dining – While sometimes dining outdoors at places can provide for gorgeous views of the parks, the architecture and artwork inside of restaurants is amazing too! Booking a dining reservation ahead of time can help you guarantee that you’ll have a nice place indoors to cool off while you eat.
8. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach – Walt Disney World has two water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. If the parks are just too hot to handle, head over to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon to visit the wave pools and water slides!
7. Stay hydrated – This may seem obvious, but constantly making sure you have something cool to drink, preferably water, can often go overlooked during the hustle and bustle of a vacation. Staying hydrated and having something cool to drink can make all the difference!
6. Dole Whip or Citrus Swirl – These tasty treats at Walt Disney World can be found in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom (and Dole Whip can also be found at the Polynesian Resort). These pineapple and orange flavored ice cream treats are cold, refreshing and delicious. They’re also some Disney snack icons, so be sure to give one a try; they’re perfect for a hot day!
5. Kali River Rapids – This ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is not only a great thrill ride, but you will definitely get soaking wet! Take a ride down these river rapids on the hottest of days and without a doubt you will be able to cool off what with how wet you’ll get.
4. Buy a cooling towel – Cooling towels are small little towels that you can buy and will help on hot days. They’re relatively cheap and can be purchased at most drug stores like CVS, Walgreens, etc. Bring one for your Disney trip and it’ll save you a lot of aggravation!
3. Buy a small fan – At the merchandise carts that you see around the parks are usually small little fans that you can buy. These fans are battery operated and will help with air circulation when you’re outdoors in the hot Florida sun.
2. Mickey Ice Cream Bar – Quite possibly the most iconic Disney treat, Mickey ice cream bars are delicious and cold! Similar to Dole Whip and Citrus Swirl, it’s a Disney classic and the best way to cool down on a hot day with some ice cream. Mickey ice cream bars can be purchased at all of the parks.
1. Splash Mountain – Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom is the ideal ride on a hot day. There’s a little bit of a thrill to it with the large drop and you might possibly get wet! Be sure to visit this ride during your trip to the Magic Kingdom when the heat seems like it can’t be beat.
Between different water parks, rides, air conditioned buildings, merchandise, and snacks, beating the heat should be no problem at Disney World! Make sure you stay hydrated, cool off as much as you can, and you’ll be sure to have a magical day regardless of how hot it can be.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!