Pumpkin-spice you say? Yes please! Start the day off on the right foot with this healthy, pumpkin flavored overnight oats from Disney Family.
For the Oats: 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup carrot or carrot-orange juice
1/2 cup Greek or coconut yogurt
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Pinch of salt
Container with lid
Mickey template from Disney Family
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Zip-top bag and scissors, or piping bag and small, round tip
2 green apples
Leaf-shaped cookie cutter
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
- Whisk all of the oat ingredients together in a mixing bowl and spoon into your storage container. Cover tightly with the lid. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Print the Mickey template on cardstock, in the size needed for your serving bowls. Then draw the stem and face on the template and cover with wax paper.
3. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30-second intervals at 50% power, stirring in between, until smooth and completely melted. Once it has cooled to room temperature, transfer to the zip-top or piping bag. If using the zip-top bag, cut a tiny corner off. Fill in the ears, stem, and face with the chocolate. Allow it to set overnight (or place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes).
4. When you are ready to enjoy your oats, spoon them into your serving bowl. Carefully peel the chocolate pieces from the wax paper and add them (for a smooth look, flip them over).
5. Use the cookie cutter to cut out the apple leaves, and the spiralizer to make apple vines. Any leftover oats can be kept in the storage container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
A fun, fall way to enjoy your pumpkin flavor in the morning while getting some nutrition as well to start your day.
Source: Disney Family