We are all told that “laughter is the best medicine” which can definitely be true, but there are a few things that laughter alone can’t fix. Luckily the real best medicine is a trip to the Disney Parks. Don’t believe me? Here is a list of twenty common ailments that Disney immediately remedies. It’s enough reason to pack your bags and head towards Disney! It’s for your health, after all!
20. Warm Weather Wishing Not all of us are fortunate enough to live in a warm climate year round. The winter months seem to get longer every year, leaving us desperate for warm weather. Disney World in Orlando is the perfect spot to get you that warm weather you crave!
19. Wanting a Workout If you didn’t know already, you do a lot of walking in Disney Parks. When I say “a lot” I mean several miles in a day. Sometimes we just have that urge to get some exercise and get frustrated when we don’t have time for it in our schedule. At Disney, you will get an amazing exercise without even realizing it!
18. Hungry for Hugs Sometimes we just feel down for no reason at all and all we really need is a nice big hug. No one gives better hugs than Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh!
17. Sudden Shopping Sensation This is also known as “Retail Therapy” among most women. Downtown Disney (soon be Disney Springs) is the perfect spot for our shopaholic tendencies. There is enough shopping to satisfy our urge to splurge!
16. Wildlife Weakness For the animal lovers who feel antsy when they don’t get to see cute animals enough in their daily lives, a quick trip to the Animal Kingdom solves it all! With so many cute and exotic animals around the park, you’ll get more than your fill of adorable wildlife. That’s what I call a purr-fect day!
15. Free of Finals A lot of Disney lovers are still in school dealing with finals and it gets tough! Sometimes the only thing that gets us through is knowing that a trip to Disney after our tests are done will cure us from the unending stress. We are drained from academia; it’s time for some fun at Blizzard Beach!
14. Nothing on Netflix Yes, sadly this can happen. After hours of searching, there is simply nothing worth watching on Netflix. The best cure is Fantasmic! at Hollywood Studios. All of your favorite characters are in the show, plus the coolest pyrotechnics ever!
13. Video Game Gloom It’s hard to believe anyone could get tired of videogames, but it happens. Disney has thought of a way to combat this ailment too. DisneyQuest located in Downtown Disney is the most amazing arcade I’ve ever seen! After a day exploring the five stories of games, it’ll pull you out of your single shooter slump. Oh, did I mention that you can build your own rollercoaster and ride it there?!
12. Sleep Shortage Fun fact: beds in Disney Resort hotels are infinitely more comfortable because they are infused with magic. Been having a hard time sleeping at home? Stay in a Disney hotel and spend hours walking around the parks. You’ll be able to get plenty of sleep after that exciting day!
11. Food No Longer Fun Toaster waffles get old after awhile. Opt for a Mickey Mouse shaped waffle and it’ll put the pizzazz back into your pastries! Everything tastes better when it’s shaped like Mickey!
10. Weary For Not Wearing Mickey Ears There are days we just want to sport or Mickey ears without being judged! It’s not like we can wear them at our corporate office jobs and that drives us just a little crazy. Grab your bags and head to Main Street USA to flaunt those fabulous ears!
9. Traumatized by traffic After awhile, we get irritated by the rush hour stop-and-go traffic. It can make us miserable! A ride on the Monorail should alleviate your tension because, in all honesty, there aren’t many things in life more awesome than the Monorail.
8. Must Have Magic We might not realize it at first, but we all have that little flame inside of us that wants a little magic in our lives. It’s really hard to find magic outside of the Disney Parks, so it’s easier and more convenient to get over your ailment by watching the fireworks over Cinderella’s castle.
7. The “Belle” Moment In Beauty and the Beast, the lovely Belle says “there must be more than this provincial life” and I think we can all agree we’ve felt the same way. Luckily there is something more than our provincial lives. It’s called Disney.
6. Reeling for Relationship Romance After being in a relationship for a long time, the romance can fade. It’s important to keep that romance alive and Epcot is the perfect place to rekindle the love. Take your sweetheart for a romantic dinner in the World Showcase and watch the Illuminations show. It’s the perfect date night!
5. Appetite for Adventure We all need a little adventure in our lives otherwise what stories would we tell! You will find plenty of adventure in the appropriately named Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom.
4. The Break Up Blues None of us particularly like break ups, but if you’re single and ready to mingle Disney is the perfect place for you! Who knows, you might be able to find your Prince Charming in the queue for Space Mountain!
3. Itching for Inspiration For those of us who love arts and crafts, sometimes it is difficult for us to find inspiration. Disney parks are so eclectic you’ll be able to find something that will inspire your next painting or poem!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Relinquish Responsibility Being an adult is tough! We have bills to pay, mouths to feed and of course, jury duty. We have all of these responsibilities and at times we wish we were kids again. Disney parks let us embrace our inner child and we get to let go of our adult responsibilities for awhile. Well, at least the jury duty part!
1. Desperately Disneysick It’s like being homesick. Your heart longs to be back at Disney, and the only cure is to visit your favorite Disney park. Sure, you could watch Disney films but it’s like looking at photos of your family that you miss. It’s just not the same as being there!
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!
Photo courtesy of Silver Pin Studios