One of my favorite parts of a Disney vacation happens before I even get to Disney World. My family and I live close enough to drive to Orlando so we opt for the road trip so that means preparing hours of music to keep us entertained. We are always sure to make a playlist of all our favorite Disney songs to get us prepared for our Disney adventure! Here are just a few of our must have songs for our trek!
10. “Why Should I Worry?” For some reason Oliver and Company is an overlooked Disney film perhaps because it was stifled by the release of The Little Mermaid, but nonetheless this movie is full of excellent road trip music! “Why Should I Worry” embodies the perfect vibe while driving down the freeway. You’re driving to Disney, so why should you worry? It’s time for a family vacation so leave those worries back at home. You’ve earned this!
9. “Hakuna Matata” Speaking of not worrying, let’s add “Hakuna Matata” from The Lion King too! The title literally means no worries for the rest of your days. Well, maybe in reality you will have some worries but while you venture to your dream vacation you will be worry free. The Lion King is full of iconic music more so than other Disney films and “Hakuna Matata” is one catchy tune that just screams Disney spirit!
8. “On The Open Road” As a child I adored A Goofy Movie and I must still adore it as I constantly listen to the soundtrack. Honestly, a Disney road trip can’t get more perfect than listening to Goofy and Max sing about being on the open road! Goofy embodies our excitement to take a trip with his family, and we love that. So get your maps ready because we’re on the open road!
7. “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” Let’s get down to business. When the drums start pounding at the beginning of this Mulan anthem, the entire mood of my family changes. Our faces become semi-serious because we know we have to get down to business if we are ever going to get to Orlando in one piece. This song pumps us up and we can’t help but belt out as if we were Donny Osmond! In the duration of this song, my family and I suddenly adopt the mission to make it to Disney as swift as the coursing river! It’s a very important mission and we are more than happy to accept it.
6.” I’ve Got A Dream” As we bound down the road we can all relate to Rapunzel as she leaves her tower. She is scared and exhilarated to be starting her very first journey in the 2010 hit Tangled. Along the way she expresses her dreams in the way Disney knows best…through song! We fall in love with Rapunzel and Flynn in this ditty as well as all the unique dreams of the scary looking men. We have a dream to go to Disney and singing this makes us realize our dream is becoming a reality.
5. “Out There” The Hunchback of Notre Dame is another Disney film that doesn’t get much recognition as it deserves. I’m guessing it’s because the subject matter was just a tad bit dark for the younger kids, but we absolutely love the music! In this moving power ballad, Quasimodo tells us just how much he wants to have one day out there with the people of the town. All he asks for is one day to escape his life inside the bell tower. As we travel to Disney World, all we ask is for a few days away from our everyday lives too. We promise we will be content and not despair when we return! All we want is a brief escape from our busy lives.
4. “Let It Go” Frozen is a new addition to our Disney playlist and we are obsessed with it! We love Queen Elsa’s powerful ballad as she lets go of her fears and unleashes her powers. After spending months, possibly years of planning your trip to Disney the moment is finally here and you don’t need to conceal your excitement anymore. You’re in the car on your way so just let that excitement go!
3. “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” The closer we get to Orlando, the more our excitement can’t be contained. Thankfully Mary Poppins taught us a word to use when we just can’t describe how excited we are! We approach those signs that say Disney 20 Miles Away and we can’t help but say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Mary Poppins is a classic that will remain timeless in our family. We love Julie Andrews and she just describes our happiness so wonderfully!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” I know Song of the South has been banned in the United States, but that doesn’t stop us from listening to this cheery song. There’s plenty of blue skies headed our way and we can’t help but Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah! I hear this song and it just puts me in a cheery mood as I envision riding Splash Mountain on a hot Orlando day. It’s so catchy you might end up catching yourself hum it as you walk down Main Street USA!
1. “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” Cinderella says it best. There is nothing more fitting than listening to this beautiful song as you approach Cinderella’s castle. You dreamed to go to Disney World and now you’re here! This wish your heart made has finally come true. Now that your drive is nearing completion, you should be thoroughly ready for your Disney adventure!
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!