Disney employees, better known as cast members, are responsible for making all of the magic within the Disney parks. Whether it’s welcoming you ‘home’ to your Disney resort, creating the delicious meals in restaurants you dine in around property or granting you access to some of the most innovative attractions in the world, they are there to make sure your trip is magical from start to finish. Because they do such an excellent job of creating magic day in and day out for tens of thousands of guests every day, Disney makes sure they have some special perks, too! Here are five amazing perks that are enjoyed by Disney cast members:
5. Career building – For many cast members, a career with Disney is the role of a lifetime. In fact, they love the company so much so that they are always looking for opportunities to move up within the company. Disney provides many tools to aid in this journey and cast members are all encouraged to take advantage of them. Especially if you’re on the college program, there are many seminars and classes available to you in order to continue your career with the Walt Disney Company.
4. Backstage Tours – One perk that is pretty special is the opportunity for backstage tours. While there are tours that are available to guests year-round, the backstage tours offered to cast members are even better. Though these are harder to land since most of the time you have to win it or sign up super quickly for it, they are quite the experience! Many tours are of attractions, such as Tower of Terror or the Haunted Mansion. Getting to hear the history of the attraction and see it behind the scenes is definitely an example of limited time magic!
3. Discounts – This is one of the best perks available to cast members. Who doesn’t love saving money? There is a long list of discounts enjoyed by cast members both within the company and outside of the company, too! For starters, cast members receive a discount on merchandise, which varies throughout the year. They also receive a discount on dining at select restaurants on property, which allows them the opportunity to have a new dining experience every so often! Cast members are also able to get discounts on hotels for both themselves and friends and family, which allow them to have magical ‘staycations’ when they’re off from work. But, even more amazing than the discounts they receive on Disney things is the discount they receive from outside companies. In and around Orlando, cast members can flash their ID and receive a minimal discount at different restaurants and experiences. These discounts are great because it allows cast members to get out of the ‘Disney bubble.’
2. Guest passes – Disney is so much better when you have someone to experience it with, and Disney does a good job of making sure you’re able to share the magic with friends and family. Cast members receive guest passes as a token of appreciation from the company, which allows them to bring in a certain amount of people on a given day. Though these passes aren’t unlimited and are subject to block out dates, it’s still an opportunity to show the people you love ‘a whole new world.’ Cast members are also able to get discounted tickets, including special event tickets like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, which offers another opportunity to bring people into the parks.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Self-admission into the parks – By far the BEST perk cast members receive is admission into the Disney parks. The awesome part about the self-admission entrance pass is that you get access to almost all of the Disney parks all around the world! This means you can pop on over to Disneyland in Anaheim if you want to see where it truly all started or fly over to Paris and discover the beauty that is Disneyland Paris. Cast members have a lot less block out dates, which means they can enjoy the magic almost year round!
Cast members are the most important component to the success of the company as a whole, especially the parks and resorts. Though many of them don’t work for the company just for the added benefits, the benefits are certainly sweet. It’s a great way to thank the cast members for all of their hard work and allow them to share the magic with those around them.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: