Cold weather got you down? Dreaming of retiring someplace warm? Add some fuel to your daydreams by considering these beautiful central Florida communities, all with close access to your favorite Mouse…
5. Celebration – In the mid-nineties the Disney company developed the town of Celebration, inspired in part by Walt’s EPCOT dream. The town is now mostly autonomous from Disney, though there are several companies under the Disney brand that have their offices in Celebration. Looking at Celebration is like looking at a town straight out of a movie set, with manicured lawns and cohesive architecture. Downtown Celebration is a lovely place with cobblestone streets, lake views, unique shops, and a variety of restaurants. Median home prices in Celebration are around 342,000, and if this is your neighborhood of choice, you’ll enjoy one of the closest vicinities to Walt Disney World with direct access off of World Drive.
4. Winter Park – The charming town of Winter Park is located on the north side of Orlando. The homes in Winter Park have stately character, since the community is well-established. Median home price in Winter Park is $335,000, allowing wiggle room for most budgets if you are willing to endure some compromises on the lower end. Downtown Winter Park is a wonderful place to find boutiques and unique eateries with quaint vintage ambiance. On weekends in the central park you’ll find the rustic-chic farmer’s market full of whole foods and other creations, which draws visitors from miles around. Home to Rollins College and a stone’s throw from Downtown Orlando, Winter Park is a prime spot for those who love to experience the arts. If township charm and fuss-free elegance are your style, this is the near-to-Disney community for you.
3. Lake Nona – The relatively new – and still developing – community of Lake Nona, is located on the southeast side of Orlando. With a short drive to Orlando International Airport, this collection of neighborhoods allows easy access for jet setters. Though the median home price is around $350,000, the Lake Nona community covers several well-kept neighborhoods that range from upper-level starter homes to luxury estates. A unique aspect of Lake Nona development is its eco-sustainability. 40% of the area is left as green space, which includes several lush parks, walkways, and waterfronts for residents to enjoy. If you love to enjoy nature, if you prefer new construction, and if (of course) you want to be close to Disney – well, then this could be the place for you.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Space Coast – It’s my home so I know I’m biased, but I think Florida’s Space Coast is the best place on earth. Boat and fish on the intracoastal waterways. Surf the waves – or just walk the shore – at one of numerous pristine beaches. Watch rocket launches from your front porch. Bid bon voyage to cruise ships (including Disney Cruise Line ships) several times a week – or better yet, hop on board your self! And of course – be at Disney World in less than an hour. Median home prices in Brevard County run a mere $170,000, though of course prices vary greatly based on vicinity to the water.
1. Golden Oaks – The luxury community of Golden Oaks is a Disney lovers’ paradise! Can you imagine living on-property, close enough to hear the fireworks each night? Add to that resident annual WDW passes, a membership to the Four Seasons, a community clubhouse with pool and golf privileges, extra-magic hours, and the Disney-level of service 24/7 and you’d basically be living the dream. But the dream will cost you – $2 million is the base price to buy a home in this community.
Turn in your notice and pack your bags! Which community would you call home?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!