Gaston’s Tavern will have you singing, “My, what a guy, that Gaston!” This Beauty and the Beast inspired quick-service dining location in the New Fantasyland section of Magic Kingdom is the perfect place to grab a quick snack or coffee, and it’s not very hard to see why.
6. Delicious pastries: Gaston’s Tavern serves healthier snacks like apples with caramel dipping sauce, hummus and chips, and vegetable and fruit cups, and pork shanks for guests craving some protein, but their snacks that get an honorable mention are their pastries! Their warm cinnamon roll (which costs $4.19) is sweet, savory, and close to the size of your head, so it’s ideal for sharing or for keeping it all to yourself! Another tasty pastry at Gaston’s Tavern is their chocolate croissant, a large croissant with chocolate filling and more chocolate drizzled on top for only $3.29. Pair these sweet treats up with some tea or coffee and you will be in breakfast or late night snack heaven! Or you could pair it with another reason we love Gaston’s Tavern…
5. LeFou’s Brew: What would Gaston’s Tavern be without LeFou’s very own drink? Don’t worry – this brew is non-alcoholic and something that guests of all ages can enjoy. Even more perfect on a hot day than at any other time of the year, this frozen beverage is apple juice based with hints of marshmallow and a passion fruit-mango foam on top. You can purchase LeFou’s Brew in a souvenir stein or goblet, or you can save some money on it by ordering it without the souvenir.
4. Location: Gaston’s Tavern is located in a very convenient spot for guests. After enjoying a LeFou’s Brew and chocolate croissant, you won’t have to wander far to find a restroom or a gift shop. The building directly behind Gaston’s Tavern is a bathroom, and diagonally across from it is a Beauty and the Beast themed gift shop. It is also a short walk from Storybook Circus, so if you decide you’re in the mood for a cupcake instead of the sweet cinnamon rolls at the tavern, you have a place with a table to eat them without having to travel across the park. Speaking of location…
3. Gaston isn’t too far away: That’s right – you can meet Gaston himself! Right outside of Gaston’s Tavern is this suave Disney villain. Whether you want to meet him for yourself or just enjoy the fun and often hilarious guest interactions he has with other people, you won’t have to stray too far from the tavern. Gaston’s meet and greet is quite popular and the lines can get rather long, so while you’re enjoying your snacks and drinks or taking advantage of the air conditioning, you can check My Disney Experience to see what times his sets are and maybe catch one when you’re done eating.
2. They use antlers in all of their decorating: Gaston’s Tavern is very true to the scene in Beauty and the Beast during the musical number “Gaston.” Enjoy a large (albeit faux) fireplace next to Gaston’s big, cozy chair with antlers on the walls and tables in a similar fashion to the ones seen in the film. The warm lighting creates a very comfortable atmosphere with Gaston’s favorite hunting memorabilia. Antlers decorate the chandeliers and wall lights and there’s even the portrait of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast hanging over the fireplace. Beauty and the Beast fans will feel like they’re in the movie!
1. You can see fireworks: Step outside of Gaston’s Tavern at night and you might just stumble upon Wishes! The fireworks display can be seen from New Fantasyland and Gaston’s Tavern is right next to some unique viewing spots for this show. Head over to Storybook Circus a few steps away to watch the fireworks over the big tops, or head to the bridge by Be Our Guest to watch fireworks over both Be Our Guest Restaurant (Beast’s Castle) and the backside of Cinderella Castle – or you can stay right where you are by the fountain and statue of Gaston and LeFou, relax, and enjoy the show without the crowds that the front of the castle gets.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!