Tomorrowland was Walt Disney’s dream to depict his view of the future. It was soon obvious that the future changed all too quickly, so changing his tactic, Tomorrowland now depicts the future more with a sci-fi theme. Tomorrowland is the “Future That Never Was.” Using neon, glass, and gleaming metal, this themed land was created. Over bySpace Mountain, there are metal palm trees that actually react to sunlight opening in the day and closing at night.
Following are seven of the must see /do attractions in Tomorrowland for all ages.
7. Space Mountain” is not to be missed. Since 1975, this ride through space always has a long wait and remains a park favorite. This very dark ride reaches a height of 90 feet and travels at 27mph max speed. Fast Pass this 2 minutes, 30 seconds ride.
6. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin is another must do This ride puts you in the middle of a gigantic arcade game shooting lasers and scoring points. The Space Cruisers are meant to hold two, so if you try to put three riders in, one will not have a laser to shoot. FastPass is available for this 4 minute ride.
5. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. is also great for all ages. It can accommodate a lot of guests which minimizes wait time and you can’t beat taking a break from the heat by sitting and laughing. This lasts 11 minutes and there is no FastPass available.
4. Stitch’s Great Escape show is a retrofit of the very scary “Alien Encounter.” While not as frightening, a parent may judge it a bad choice for little kids with Stitch wreaking havoc with scary noises and darkness throughout. There is no FastPass and it is 15 minutes long.
3. Disney’s Carousel of Progress, featured in the 1964 New York World’s Fair was relocated here in 1975. The story is told via an Audio-Animatronic family seen at the turn of the twentieth century, in the 1920’s, the 1940’s and present day. So if it is open, wait times are probably short, and you can enjoy 20 minutes or more seated in the theater, out of the heat. Best of all you will be watching a show that Walt himself designed. No FastPass is available for this over 20 minute show.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Tomorrowland Speedway is fun ride for youngsters. Guests drive the mini gas powered sports cars on a rail around the 2000 foot track at speeds that reach 7 mph. Children must be 54” tall to drive alone or 32” tall to ride with an adult. Fast Pass is suggested as this will have a long wait time.
1. The Astro-Orbiter attraction takes you spinning high over the Magic Kingdom in Buck Rogers style rockets. There can be a long wait for this sky high ride. If you have the patience, the views are great. There is no FastPass for this 1 minute, 30 seconds ride.
Tomorrowland is quite literally a dream come true straight from Walt Disney’s mind that we’re all able to enjoy!
Tomorrowland photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper.