In less than five months, Disney’s newest live-action remake will premiere in theaters around the world. The Little Mermaid will tell the classic tale of Ariel and her desire to join the human world. However, the story will not be the one we all know. As with most live-action remakes, this story will have more depth, details, and twists. The biggest change will most likely come in the form of Prince Eric. Viewers will learn more about the iconic Prince, his life before Ariel, and even meet his mother.
For years, Guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort have been able to visit Ariel for a special meet and greet. That Ariel is based on the animated 1989 Disney film. However, Ariel in the live-action remake will be played by Halle Bailey, who is black.
Disney is already prepping to bring the new Little Mermaid to the Walt Disney World Resort. According to the Disney casting website, Disney is currently casting actresses to portray the new Ariel at The Most Magical Place on Earth.
If you would love the chance to apply to play such an iconic character, here’s more information on how you can do it!
STEP 1 – SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Please click “My_Profile” to create or update your performer profile.
- Please click on the “Face_Reading” to review the reading to submit your Disney Auditions profile.
- Please click on the “movement” link to view and learn your audition choreography and animation.
- Film yourself performing the reading and routine – please make sure the video is in landscape, and that you are center stage. Please ensure you have good lighting so we can see you clearly.
- Under the LINKS section, add the link to your video to a sharing site like YouTube or Vimeo – if using YouTube, please mark the video as “unlisted”.
- Please upload the below 4 current photos of yourself. Please pull long hair back so it is off the face, and only wear light makeup if desired. Form-fitting attire is preferred.
1 – Direct shot from the waist up, looking into the camera
2 – Full-body shot from the ground up, looking into the camera
3 – Profile shot, from the waist up
The Little Mermaid will hit theaters on May 26, 2023, and will star Bailey as the Disney princess, Jonah Hauer-King as Prince Eric, Melissa McCarthy as Ursula, Jacob Tremblay as Flounder, Awkwafina as Scuttle, Javier Bardem as King Triton, Lin Manuel Miranda as Chef Louis, and Daveed Diggs as Sebastian.
Bailey’s casting has been controversial from the start, but Disney is going full force and putting everything it has behind the new musical movie.