3. Disney’s Fort Wilderness
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort is a unique two-in-one resort destination devoted partially to available campsites, in which guests looking to “rough it out” Disney-style may reserve spaces for setting up campers, tents, and other temporary lodgings. The other part of the resort boasts rental cabins that are fully furnished with all the home away from home essentials and even the capability to sleep up to six adults. Whichever camping style you choose for staying on these ruggedly wonderful grounds, rest assured that you’re in for a great time laden with loads of exciting onsite recreations, amenities, and countless other possibilities. And because food is part of the experience at any Walt Disney World Resort, Fort Wilderness has you covered with a robust rendering of different onsite eating establishments to boot.
- Trail’s End Restaurant—Get ready for all-you-can-eat frontier fixings at this casual cowboy-themed dining establishment. Mosey on over for classic breakfast favorites, or enjoy extended brunch offerings on weekends. And for dinner it's a feast of rustic mainstays all served up buffet-style.
- The Chuck Wagon—If a quick and casual yet hearty dinner on the go is what you’re aiming for then The Chuck Wagon may just be the place you’ve been looking for. This onsite food truck setup serves up all the works each evening, from hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, and more, including snacks, sweet treats, and even alcohol.
- P & J’s Southern Takeout—Open all day long for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this quick service eatery delivers on a bounty of hearty fixings and meals on the go. From grab ‘n’ go bites to complete meals packed conveniently for transport and carryout, this place truly delivers on satisfying comforts and filling fare.
- Meadow Snack Bar—This quick service poolside retreat packs in a surprising variety of casual snack and light meal offerings. From hot dogs, sandwiches, wraps, salads, and pizzas, to desserts and a variation on specialty drinks (both alcoholic and not), Meadow Snack Bar makes for a great, casual open-air choice.
- Crockett’s Tavern—This frontier-style lounge offers up plenty of good ol’ fashioned libations featuring moonshine in the ultimate tribute to cowboys, ranchers, homesteaders, and trailblazers. Additional light plate pairings are also available to complement your drinking pleasure and help you unwind even more.
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue—Toe-tapping wild-west entertainment meets “countrified feasting” at this dinner show, which takes place daily from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. each evening. Vaudeville acts and convincing entertainers and players make for a truly authentic dinner and theater experience while you enjoy all-you-can-eat á la carte fried chicken, smoked ribs, salads, and other sides in true pioneer dinner show fashion.