5. Disney’s Grand Floridian
For many elegance seekers it doesn’t get any more refined than Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Hailed for being the most upscale of all the Magic Kingdom Area Resorts, the deluxe accommodations here embody the turn-of-the-20th-century charm and grace of Florida’s glamorous golden age. And with adorning décor and classy embellishments all around, the myriad amenities all throughout the resort only add to the overall personifying sense of returning to a lavish and abundant bygone era. Counted among the many hotel highlights are all those plentiful palatable contributions that cannot be denied. From signature and casual experiences alike, the Grand Floridian food scene is beyond compare.
- Cítricos—Get ready for an evening of exquisite indulgence at this onsite signature dinner spot, renowned for their masterfully crafted Mediterranean-inspired fare and award-winning international wine list. Also open for dinnertime is Cítricos Lounge, which follows the formal restaurant’s same Mediterranean motif while offering full bar service, specialty cocktails, and even featured entrée items, small plates, and desserts.
- Narcoossee’s—This waterfront favorite, which opens each day at dinnertime, is another signature fine dining experience to take in. Coastal cuisine is the primary mainstay feature here, while several landlocked tastes are also presented on the menu. With breathtaking views overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon, and a charming and engaging indoor setting that blends seaside splendor with refined elegance, Narcoossee’s is an experience not to be missed.
- 1900 Park Fare—This best-loved buffet offers guests two wonderful character dining experiences while also providing a wide range of plentiful all-you-can-eat options at both breakfast and dinnertime. The first experience is presented as the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast, in which beloved Disney characters like Alice and the Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, and Mary Poppins join in on the occasion. Dinnertime comes in the form of Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner, in which characters from Disney’s Cinderellaare on location. Additionally, there are also afternoon Wonderland Tea Party events for children ages 4 to 12 in which Alice and the Mad Hatter also appear.
- Grand Floridian Café—Open all day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Grand Floridian Café is a convenient and casual choice boasting a wide range of options the whole family can rejoice in. And while we emphasize the casual eats here, as not to stand on ceremony or require any sort of fancy attire, the elegance of the surrounding décor and all-around classy furnishings do give off a regally refined and polished air of excellence all the same.
- Gasparilla Island Grill—Providing quick counter service eats around the clock, the plentiful array of options here can’t be beat. Whether you hanker for something made-to-order off the menu or decide to refuel with a convenient grab ‘n’ go item, they have you covered for all your snacking and mealtime needs.
- Garden View Tea Room—Take in the splendor and charm of traditional Victorian teatime with uniquely themed opportunities for doing just that, right here in this comfy yet elegant domain. The primary offering here is that timeless tradition of Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room where you can delight in a divine dining experience like no other. Tea is the main feature of course, but there are also accompanying light cuisine pairings as well. There’s also the Perfectly Princess Tea designed for girls ages 3 to 9 (and one accompanying adult) to experience true revelry and a sophisticated teatime with all the works. What’s more, Princess Aurora herself is in attendance for the event along with her living flower friend Rose Pedal.
- Mizner’s Lounge—With its position right behind the bandstand of the Grand Floridian Orchestra, this elite cool lounge is a great place to hang out, listen to live music, and enjoy a vast array of high-end liquors and sophisticated cocktails. Open 1 p.m. to 12 a.m. daily, Mizner’s Lounge also offers delicious plated fare and light eats between the hours of 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Beaches Pool Bar & Grill—Quick counter service eats, treats, and specialty drinks are all on the menu here. Situated outside by the sandy beach and appealing poolside, you can enjoy a wide range of enticing offerings, from alcoholic to non-alcoholic novelties alike, delectable snacks, and even satisfying mealtime picks that are available up until 6 p.m. each evening.
- Courtyard Pool Bar—This perfect poolside pairing is a great place to scrounge up various light eats and treats, while enjoying the resort’s largest pool as well as other delightful onsite recreations. And as always, clever cocktails and numerous other specialty drink concoctions—alcoholic and otherwise—are always on the menu.
- Victoria & Albert’s—As a AAA Five Diamond Award restaurant since 2000, this epicurean epitome of excellence is arguably the Grand Floridian’s most crowning claim to fame. A regal upscale experience in every way, from food to service and of course the stellar atmosphere in which to dine, this upscale dinner venue is an endowing slice of royalty and pampering far beyond compare.
- Highway in the Sky Dine Around—Disney’s Grand Floridian is the third participant in the Highway in the Sky Dine Around, with their course contributions taking the form of champagne and cheese selections as well as the main entrée for that evening, served to guests at none other than Cítricos, prior to once again boarding the Monorail on return to Disney’s Contemporary.
In addition to the Magic Kingdom Area Resorts we’ve highlighted here, keep in mind that there are various other Disney World venues that also deliver on delightful dining in a wide range of formats and flavors. Also note that there are always new experiences in the works, so be sure to stay up-to-date on all the latest, as well as which ones accept Disney Dining plans or offer other extended perks and offers. Disney proves time and time again that fantastic food isn’t just a fantasy and that mealtimes can make magical experiences you never even realized.