Staying right in the heart of premium Walt Disney World action is initially what leads so many vacationers to book a stay at one of the five Magic Kingdom Area Resorts located on Disney property. And as we’ve mentioned in the past, staying onsite at any Walt Disney World-owned property comes with several guest exclusive benefits, advantages, and all those other impeccable perks and amenities. Among the many tantalizing on-premises pleasantries to pursue during your stay is the phenomenal food scene and diverse range of delectable options that await you. Because there are so many, we’ve devised this easy-to-follow Magic Kingdom Area Resort dining guide to help you find just what you’re looking for and where to find it.
1. Disney’s Contemporary
This perpetually modern, timeless Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort never goes out of style and remains a convenient fan favorite for vacationers looking to stay as close as they can possibly get to Magic Kingdom Park. And just like its unfathomable possibilities for different room distinctions and even the newer adjoining Bay Lake Tower area for those opting for Deluxe Villas, the overall resort premises boasts a bountiful array of delectable dining choices to suit any appetite or preference.
- California Grill—With stunning aerial views of surrounding Seven Seas Lagoon and serving as an unparalleled viewing spot for the Magic Kingdom’s nighttime fireworks spectacular, this stellar dinnertime option boasts fresh award-winning Pacific Coast-style cuisine and fusion flavors from around the world. They also offer Sunday Brunch each weekend and have an accompanying lounge option for enjoying pre-dinner cocktails and many of the same dinner menu features.
- Outer Rim—Another delightful onsite lounge that takes unique drinking experiences to a whole other level far beyond the limits. The extensive menu of libations includes everything from various different wines, beers, ciders, non-alcoholic specialties, and the most unique collaboration of resort-exclusive novelty cocktails beyond anything you could have imagined.
- The Wave…of American Flavors—This eclectic fresh pick thrives on locally and regionally sourced ingredients to bring you the finest new concepts in happy and healthful American cuisine. The Wave is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the first meal of the day presented as a bountiful buffet option and the other two meals providing guests with outstanding original concoctions served via table service. There is also The Wave Lounge—a stylish chic hangout offering original cocktails (both alcoholic and not), wines, bourbons, scotch, tequila, and even organic beers paired perfectly alongside a number of small plate features.
- Chef Mickey’s—A featured favorite at this resort, Chef Mickey’s offers up lavish all-you-can-eat buffet fixings for breakfast, brunch, and dinner daily. What’s more, all meals served here feature character dining with classic friends like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy in attendance, visiting each table for guest meet and greets and memorable photo opportunities.
- Contempo Café—This quick service, casual pick is open throughout the day, offering a vast variation of items for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Whether you’re hankering for a plated ready-made or made-to-order option or a grab ‘n’ go item to take with you, Contempo Café is your go-to place.
- Contemporary Grounds—If you need a little coffee or tea pick-me-up paired with scrumptious pastries, cookies, or something else from their winsome selection of baked goods, then this is the answer. Other specialty beverages here include hot chocolate, cappuccinos, lattes, espressos, and refreshing cold iced options.
- The Sand Bar—This poolside snack bar delivers on a surprisingly well-stocked array of quick service meal options for those looking for casual fast food eats while enjoying onsite recreations and fun in the sun. From burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, and more, the Sand Bar makes an excellent option for those looking for something fast and simple.
- Cove Bar—This private poolside bar, intended exclusively for guests staying at Bay Lake Towers and Disney Vacation Club members provides a refreshing oasis for unwinding with one of several specialty beverage blends, paired with casual quick eats and light snack options.
- Highway in the Sky Dine Around—Like other Magic Kingdom Area Resorts located along the Monorail Line, Disney’s Contemporary is part of the Highway in the Sky Dine Around dinner engagement, which takes guests on a five-course journey, in which they indulge in different featured selections at each of the participating resorts. At the Contemporary this includes cocktails and dessert.