Port Orleans Riverside is a moderate resort located in the Disney Springs area of the resort. If you ask around to Disney fans, you may find that Riverside is immensely popular for a variety of reasons. If you are planning a trip to Disney World in the near future and are currently undecided on what resort you’re going to stay at, consider the following reasons and you may find that Riverside is the right choice for you!
9. Location – as we mentioned above, Port Orleans Riverside is classified as a Disney Springs resort because of its proximity to the entertainment district. However, the resort is also conveniently located to a variety of parks and entertainment options. Guests can easily access the Magic Kingdom, as well as the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds by heading north on Bonnet Creek Parkway and then turning left on Vista Parkway. Guests can also easily travel by car to Epcot and Typhoon Lagoon. The maps may make the resort more isolated from these options than they actually are, but if you have a car – the navigation is very easy!
8. Variety of Theme – there are two separate areas of Port Orleans Riverside. The more stately part of the resort is referred to as Magnolia Bend and features architecture themed to plantation-style houses of the Old South. The further you get away from the center of the resort, the theme changes to a more rustic feel in the Alligator Bayou. These buildings feature a woodsy feel with furniture that appears to be fashioned from tree limbs. You’ll love the abundance of the Spanish moss that is prevalent throughout the resort. We love having the choice between these separate sections because each section makes us feel like we are visiting two separate resorts!
7. Princess Rooms – guests who are looking for a special experience can book on of the princess rooms in the Magnolia Bend section of the resort. These rooms are themed featuring the Disney princesses. Each room is decorated by Princess Tiana and features a variety of regal touches to a keen observer. These rooms are centrally-located close to the main service building so it is easier for you to visit the restaurants, stores, and all of the entertainment that the resort has to offer!
6. Ol’ Man Island – Ol’ Man Island is the home to the themed pool at Port Orleans Riverside. It is themed after a swimming hole, complete with a water slide! Also on Ol’ Man Island is a full-service snack bar that offers guests some tasty appetizers, as well as some delicious libations. We are always regretful that we can’t spend more time on Ol’ Man Island appreciating all that it has to offer!
5. Boatwright’s Dining Hall – guests who like homestyle comfort food will love this restaurant! To start the meal, your server will bring out some cornbread to cleanse your palette while you peruse the menu to find out what cajun or creole classic that you’ll want to sample. On our last few visits to the Boatwright’s, we haven’t had an issue getting a table, but you should still consider a reservation. After sampling their menu, guests only gripe will be that the restaurant only serves dinner – we are eager to see what fantastic creations the chefs could come up with for breakfast and lunch!
4. Lounges and Entertainment – our favorite part of Port Orleans Riverside is the River Roost Lounge. Located directly off the lobby, this lounge allows guests to unwind with a variety of adult beverages, as well as an inventive bar menu! Any trip to either of the Port Orleans resorts is not complete for us without at least one drink at the River Roost. Guests can also make an evening of their time at River Roost on the weekends by staying around for a performance by the legendary Yeehaw Bob! His shows are colorful, funny, and high-energy. You won’t want to miss it!
3. Transportation – in addition to your car and the resort buses, Port Orleans Riverside offers an additional mode of transportation to shuttle guests between the resort, Port Orleans French Quarter, and Disney Springs. Guests who are looking for a relaxing ride can climb aboard one of the Friendship Boats and cruise to Disney Springs. Guest will love the convenience of the boats since it drops guests off in the middle of Disney Springs and absolves guests from having to deal with the hassle of parking or waiting for a bus!
2. Environment – we love walking around the resort and taking in the view of the Sassagoula River as it meanders through the resort, as well as the variety of flora across the grounds. Guests looking for a view while they exercise can certainly find one at Riverside on the New Balance Running Trail. Its such a nice view, you may actually want to go for a run while on vacation!
1. Value – rates for Riverside are very reasonable with room prices ranging from $220-$300/night depending on the time of year you decide to vacation. With all of the amenities that the resort has to offer, in combination with the room, this is a phenomenal value and guests will be happy to have booked their room here!
Have you stayed at Riverside? What is your favorite thing about the resort? If you haven’t stayed there, what are you most looking forward to experiencing on your trip?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: