While just about every attraction, ride, and show at Disney World is sure to put a smile on your face, some are better than others. Here are the 10 Disney World Experiences We Love The Most:
10. Mickey’s PhilharMagic. This is Disney doing what Disney does best – making animated entertainment! Follow Donald Duck through an incredible journey of Disney movie history mixed with mischief in what Disney refers to as “4D” in Mickey’s PhilharMagic at the Magic Kingdom. This 3D adventure is enhanced with smells and even water to bring the audience inside the film like never before!
9. The Haunted Mansion. A horse-drawn hearse in front of the wrought iron gates at the entrance? A graveyard filled with tombstones? A creepy pipe organ playing while objects move all by themselves? And all before you even enter the ride? Disney does a lot of things better than anybody else – and apparently you can add “stepping outside your comfort zone” to that list. The Haunted Mansion is 180° from standard Magic Kingdom attractions – but it’s just as awe-inspiring Disney magic as anything they’ve ever produced. Maybe even more so once you see the eyes following you through your journey, the candle holder moving down the middle of the hallway without anybody around to hold it, or the jaw-dropping holographic apparitions which roam free.
8. Expedition Everest. Test Track may be the fastest ride in all of Disney World, but Expedition Everest at the Animal Kingdom is by far the most intense. The coaster takes you through a mountain and flying up a hill only to find that the tracks have been destroyed by the legendary Yehti. Just when you believe you will be hurled off the tracks – the coaster stops. But your relief is short lived as you are then shot backwards through the dark. With no ability to see what is coming – and not even traveling forward as one is used to – every turn, twist, and dip is intensified. The final heart-stopping feature on the ride is being flung towards the giant and menacing-looking Yehti with a strobe light as the only relief from the dark – seriously impacting your ability to judge distance while simultaneously giving the appearance that you are traveling towards him much faster than you actually are.
7. Star Tours. One of the most entertaining experiences in all of Disney World, Start Tours in Hollywood Studios will not disappoint! The exceptional 3D production mixed with the motion-simulation creates the illusion that you are actually flying through space at warp-speed battling galactic battle ships, fighting AT-AT Walkers on the remote planet of Hoth, maneuvering through an astroid field while being attacked by Boba Fett, or competing in a podracer on Tattoine – all while a life-sized C3PO interacts with you inside of your cabin.
6. Test Track. The fastest ride in all of Disney World, Test Track in EPCOT is one of the most popular attractions. Once again Disney makes the wait an experience in itself as the pavilion is filled with various types of concept cars to examine. As you continue through the line, a video discusses various aspects of automotive design. Moving further along, you reach the Chevrolet Design Studio where interactive touch-screen displays allow you to create your own concept car. From there you are herded onto the loading platform for a five-minute thrill-ride which tops out around 65mph.
5. EPCOT’s World Showcase. Enjoy some of the most amazing (not to mention delicious) entrées, desserts, and beverages from around the world at EPCOT’s World Showcase. Throw in unique cultural shows, shopping, and Disney characters and it’s easy to see why the World Showcase is one of the best attractions in all of Disney World.
4. Fantasmic. One of the most amazing live actions shows you will ever see, Fantasmic in Hollywood Studios incorporates just about everything you can imagine – and even some things you couldn’t. The villains of Disney World try to make Mickey’s worst fears come true – and in the process, the audience is treated to one of the most amazing experiences of smoke and magic, pyrotechnics and lights, song and dance, and even an entire lake set on fire!
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. The “gem” of all rides in the Magic Kingdom, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is the crowning “jewel” of the Disney Imagineers creations. The team left no “stone” unturned in the excruciating detail of their design. Pass the thatched-roof cottage while the Evil Queen (in witch form of course) awaits at the front door – apple in hand and all. As you move further along, Imagineers placed addictive touchscreen gem games to keep you occupied. Once on the ride, you’ll find the train cars have a “cradle” design – allowing each individual car to rock side-to-side. This swivel action adds a little extra something to the twisting and turning of the track itself. Mid-way through the ride, the train enters a mine filled with the 7 dwarfs mining a dazzling array of gems & jewels while sound effects, lights and holographs complete the magic. As the train returns to the loading platform you are taken past the backside of the cottage where you will catch glimpses of Snow White herself dancing inside with one of the seven dwarfs.
2. Celebrate the Magic. There is nothing quite like sitting in front of Cinderella’s castle under the stars in the Magic Kingdom and watching an amazing show of lights, pyrotechnics, fireworks, and movie magic. Nostalgia abounds as the show projected onto the castle takes you through the iconic Disney films of yesteryear. And watching the face of your children as Tinker Bell takes glittering flight from the castle through the night sky and across the park is worth the price of admission alone. Throw in some words of encouragement from Jiminy Cricket while “When You Wish Upon A Star” fills the air and Celebrate the Magic is….well….magic!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique. Watching my two little girls get the “extreme princess makeover – Disney Edition” is my all-time favorite Disney World experience! From the moment you walk into the boutique inside of Cinderella’s castle with all of its vintage castle decor complete with the purple accents most associated with royalty, to the moment you leave with a little girl completely transformed into an authentic Disney princess, the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique is unmatched for capturing the essence of “Disney magic”! And it is the only attraction in Disney World that actually makes other attractions better. Enjoy the Celebrate the Magic show? Wait until you watch it with a little Disney princess (or two) in your lap! Enjoy strolling through the park? Wait until you see the face of your daughter as she is greeted as “princess” everywhere you go!
There are no shortages of things to experiences at Disney World – but these are the ten we love the most! What are your favorites? Leave us your comments below.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
Photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper