Hello, Disney Fanatics of all ages! Are you a working mom looking for fun activities to do at home with your kids? Are you an average American dad looking for activities to teach your children about our great nation? Are you a person looking to bring more crafts and projects to bring magic to your daily life? Are you missing the magic of Walt Disney World and wondering when you will next be able to experience that indescribable feeling of walking to The Magic Kingdom once again? Then it is time to bring Disney magic home with Disney Fanatic! And today we are taking home the magic of Liberty Square.
Past this gateway stirs a new nation waiting to be born. Thirteen separate colonies have banded together to declare their independence from the bonds of tyranny. It is a time when silversmiths put away their tools and march to the drums of revolution, a time when gentlemen planters leave their farms to become generals, a time when tradesmen leave the safety of home to become heroes. Welcome to Liberty Square!
Liberty Square is home to many symbols of America’s battle for Independence. Attractions Include The Hall of Presidents which features animatronics of all 46 US presidents, a replica Liberty Bell, and the Liberty Square Riverboat. The construction of the area features architectural representations of each of the original 13 colonies including the House of Burgesses. This particular building features Paul Revere’s famous two lanterns signifying the British coming by sea in the upstairs window. Most famously, however, Liberty Square is the home to The Haunted Mansion, one of Disney’s all-time most renowned and beloved attractions.
Paying Tribute to Soldiers
Our nation was born in a fight against tyranny, many brave men fought and died to achieve this liberty, and many men have fought and died since then to preserve this liberty. Take the time to reflect on this sacrifice with yourself and your family. Research your state’s history and find out where your nearest battlefield, soldier’s memorial, or military base is located. Walk the ground on which brave men once marched and think about what they endured for what they believe in. Visit a monument dedicated to fallen soldiers, prisoners of war, or those missing in action and stand in awe at the sacrifice they made. Go to a military base or war museum and learn about the history of our country and its conflicts. Or, more simply, when out in public and seeing a soldier in uniform or a Veteran wearing a shirt or hat identifying themselves, stop and say “Thank you for your service.”
One of the most enjoyable ways to relive the history of the American Revolution is to sit down with the family, turn on Disney+, and watch the musical Hamilton. Listen to the music of Lin Manuel Miranda and watch as the founding fathers all come together with radical ideas that will forever change the face of the world. After all, “The World Turned Upside Down” when our nation was created. And while you watch, you can prepare for a fun patriotic craft project fit for the fourth of July.
Recreate the sights of a beautiful Independence Day fireworks show!
You Will Need:
- Paint in red, white, and blue
- Construction paper
- Craft rolls
- Paper plates
- Pour some of each color of paint onto a paper plate- one color per plate.
- To make fireworks paint stampers, cut one end of a craft roll in 1/4″ strips halfway to the middle and bend the resulting flaps outward. You should create a stamper for each color of paint.
- Dip the flaps of the art roll into the paint and stamp onto a piece of construction paper.
- Repeat the previous step with different colors using a different art roll for every color.
- Allow the artwork to dry and display for a homemade fireworks scene.
Liberty Square Food
Nothing says the fourth of July like grilling and drinking a cool glass of summer lemonade. So enjoy these delicious recipes of Patriot’s Punch and Sirloin Steak from the Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty’s Square in the Magic Kingdom.
Liberty Tree Tavern Patriot’s Punch
Yields 1 quart
- 4 cups lemon sherbert
- 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups warm water
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices
- Place sherbet in mixing bowl.
- Using electric mixer at low speed, add lemonade concentrate and water.
- Mix well for about 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate and allow to combine.
- Serve in tall glass with ice and garnish with lemon slices.
Liberty Tree Tavern Sirloin Steak With Herb Sauce
- 6 12 oz. sirloin steaks grilled as desired
- 2 12 oz. cans brown gravy
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tpsp. butter
- 10 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- In a 4 quart sauce pan mix gravy, bouillon cubes, dijon mustard, garlic, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- In a small skillet, melt butter and saute sliced mushrooms.
- Add brandy and quickly flambe.
- Add mushrooms to sauce and mix well.
- Serve sauce over grilled steak with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables on the side.
Hear the patriotic sounds of Liberty that echo through the square as you walk the paths of the Sons of Liberty.
And that is how to bring home the Disney Magic of Liberty Square! If you partake in any of these Patriotic activities and enjoy them, feel free to share them with us on our Facebook page.