We previously shared the news that beginning August 7, 2022, several current Disney Genie+ attractions would become part of the Individual Lightning Lane selections. Now, it seems like Disney has changed its mind!
Previously, Walt Disney World’s website noted several popular Disney Genie+ attractions would be dropped from the list of rides available to Guests purchasing the $15 per person, per day Disney Genie+ service beginning August 7. The service allows Guests to skip the standby line for two or three attractions at a Disney Park.
The fear was that with the most popular attractions all being dropped from Disney Genie+, the already questionable value of the service would dwindle even further.
We’re thrilled to hear that instead of all the popular attractions switching to a la carte, individual Lightning Lane purchases, the following attractions will remain part of Disney Genie+ including:
- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
- Frozen Ever After (EPCOT)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (EPCOT)
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Expedition Everest (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
@AshleyLCarter1 reported, “JUST IN: Disney has made an update to Disney Genie+. Space Mountain, Frozen Ever After, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, and Expedition Everest will remain part of Genie+ Lightning Lane beyond August 7.”
With Disney changing its mind, this means the only individual Lightning Lane attractions currently available will continue to be:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (EPCOT) – also available via Virtual Queue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Avatar Flight of Passage (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
Now, Disney’s website simply notes, “Experiences offered (subject to change without notice*).” We will be sure to keep Disney Fanatic readers updated as Disney makes changes to Disney Genie+ and individual Lightning Lane experiences.