At this morning’s Parks Panel at the D23 Expo we got a literal fist-look into the boundless future for what we can expect to see emerging at Disney Parks around the world. While some exciting announcements were only tentative dreams that are still in the imagination phase, others revolved around solid works in the making that already have opening/completion dates set in place.
Disney has sorted some of their biggest updates and reveals by calendar date from this year leading up to 2024. Here’s a summary for what we can expect based on their time frame.
Happening in 2022
While much of what Disney revealed in their 2022 roster has already occurred, others are still to come. Here are some of the major milestones for 2022:
- Disney Wish, the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line made her debut earlier this year.
- Also in cruise news, the Disney Cruise Line is expanding to sail to both Australia New Zealand for the first time.
- Fantasmic! will finally be making a return this year as well.
- Believe! Sea of Dreams, originally set to open at Tokyo DisneySea back in 2021 will at last premier.
- A new friend of Duffy the Bear, Lina Bell, just made her debut appearances at both Tokyo DisneySea and Shanghai Disney Resorts last week.
- The attraction Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind opened in EPCOT earlier this year.
- The Hulk will be coming to Avengers Campus at Disneyland soon.
- On that note, we learned that the Avengers Campus will also be expanding considerably this year.
- The Mandalorian and Grogu will be arriving at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland also.
- On the Disney World Star Wars side, the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser hotel also just opened.
- Eudora’s Boutique, inspired by Tiana’s mother from The Princess and the Frog, will be opening at Disneyland by the end of this month.
Announced for 2023
Looking ahead to next year, here’s what Disney has announced:
- Disney’s Village in Disneyland Paris is set to undergo a major transformation.
- There’s also going to be a massive expansion on Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland Resort.
- Also, in the way of expansions and developments, Disneyland Hotel will be receiving a new Disney Vacation Club Tower addition.
- The Hatbox Ghost, who is such a part of The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, will be coming to the Disney World incarnation of the beloved attraction.
- Disneyland will be receiving its very own version of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
- It’s been confirmed that the Moana-themed Journey of Water attraction will open in EPCOT in 2023.
- “We Belong Together! A Pixar Musical Review” will debut in Disneyland Paris.
- Tron Lightcycle/Run will finally open.
- “World of Frozen” themed areas will be coming to Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, and Walt Disney Studios Park.
- The DisneySea Fantasy Springs expansion will also officially open.
- Most importantly of all, 2023 marks Disney’s 100 Years Celebrations across all Parks and within the Company on a whole.
Looking Ahead to 2024
- Some long-term developments are still two years in the making. Here’s what’s still to come, planned respectively for the year 2024.
- There is to be a massive transformation to be completed to the Disneyland Hotel.
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will finally open at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Disney Cruise Line is adding Lighthouse Point to their list of destinations in 2024.
- This is also the year when their ship Disney Treasure will officially launch.
- Ongoing developments to Walt Disney World’s Polynesian Village Resort will be finished and the new Tower completed.
- Contino, a Storyliving Disney Community, which has been in the works for some time, will finally be ready by 2024.
Not all of these announcements were new news revealed to us at D23. What’s more, there were many other interesting tidbits that were revealed in addition to this list of Disney milestones. The Magic of Disney is forever evolving, which is why the future is so “boundless” in every sense of the word.