Staying on property at a Walt Disney World resort is always a great way to continue the magic once you leave the parks for the day. The convenience alone is worth the money—being able to go all around property using the transportation system saves you time and money. The resorts also offer their own activities and unique dining experiences to make sure your stay is perfect from beginning to end. If money is no problem, here are five of the best resorts you can book a room in at Walt Disney World:
5. Disney’s Contemporary Resort – One of three resorts accessible by Disney’s monorail system, Disney’s Contemporary Resort is a sight to see. Its unique shape makes it the coolest looking Disney resort, inside and out. It offers exceptional shopping opportunities and some of the best dining experiences across property. Chef Mickey’s is my favorite character dining spot since you get to meet the fab five and enjoy delicious food, and California Grill offers one of the best views of Wishes from outside of Magic Kingdom.
4. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Though this resort is listed under the value resorts category, its pricing puts it out of value range for many families. However, the price you pay is worth it once you see inside this truly nostalgic hotel. Step into some of Disney’s best-animated features such as The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo and Cars as they come to live in big ways around the resort. You and your family can even stay in a suite themed after one of these beloved movies.
3. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Nestled in its own little secluded spot on property Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is a resort you will fall in love with once you enter. What makes this resort so special is that there are animals surrounding it. They are well taken care of and you are able to get a closer look at them by doing a walking trail around the resort or during a private nighttime tour available exclusively to guests staying at DAKL. You can even enhance your stay by choosing to stay in a room overlooking the Savannah, because who doesn’t want to be greeted by giraffes in the morning?
2. Disney’s Polynesian Resort – This is my favorite deluxe resort at Disney. The moment you enter you feel calm and like you’ve been transported to a tropical island. Pick up complimentary leis and start your vacation off right! There is plenty to do, including visiting the pool, grabbing a dole whip and getting your shopping on. However, if you want to enhance your stay, you can book a Spirit of Aloha reservation, which is a dinner show at the resort, or you can book a reservation for Ohana, which is an excellent family style restaurant that has a character dining breakfast and a delicious dinner with a perfect view of Wishes.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa – If you’re looking for luxury, Disney’s Grand Floridian is perfect for you. This resort is beautiful from all angles and has much to offer. From a pretty pool overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon to several unique dining experiences, including character dining at 1900 Park Fare and a princess tea party, there is plenty to keep you entertained if you’re laying low from the parks and reenergizing. It tends to be one of the most expensive resorts on property, but if you’re looking for total relaxation, this is your best bet!
If you want the ultimate Disney experience, staying on property is always the way to go. While there are many resorts at different price levels for your family to enjoy, if money is no object, these five are some of the best Disney has to offer. The best part is that even if you can’t stay there, you can still resort hop and enjoy some of these unique experiences during your trip.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: